SOTD: Saturday April 15 - Friday 21 April 2023.

Tuesday 18th April

AJFCJaWD0NV1jx_ePNNzF7Kz7hGjLx9Cas24aLN3QOZXDsszY9GgWFrER0jhQr_k6blI6WOH2fZ1N4M7sxwGpN1aGUkDmg8akS1DiO-1U-Pe6Mo7krXax7itgb_C_xH0Qn5x5A_YR0pM9YzhMe8gACBA9YPKSA=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Buddha Wood Shaving Soap & Omega 98 Professional (White) 27mm Pure Brustle
Muhle Rocca Birch & Lord Captain (Carbon) (1)
Pinaud Clubman Original Aftershave Lotion

Continuing Artisan April with another Wickham flavour ...

Buddha Wood, released in conjunction with TGGR and billed as a blend of Buddha Wood, Rose Otto, Oud, Sandalwood, Amber & Ginger, it's the third point of the rose triangle from Wickham, with English Rose and Shangri-La forming the other two.

Another run with the carbon steel Lord Captain blade, kindly sent to me by @donnie_arko and I am very much enjoying it. I used the word "raw" yesterday with the first shave and tonight, I'll use it again - don't read that as negative (although I concede that "raw" is almost inherently negative) but perhaps think of straight-edge razors. No coating. These blades do not benefit from the comfort coatings applied to Super Stainless blades but the steel is different - soft, somehow. That's what I mean by raw.

... and on that, I can kinda see where the Shark Super Stainless gets its character from as I often say that the Shark Super Stainless is a blade that makes a very good impression of being carbon steel.

This blade is panning out to be a nice shaver and I expect a few more shaves with it.

D576742F-685E-47AE-B3CB-F08623D0D528.jpeg
SOTD: 18/04/2023

Razor: Stando Rod
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 1st use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Fragrance: Stirling Campania Eau de Toilette

So far this week, been giving all of my love to the Rex 1955 soap. I have paired it with the Pinaud Tequila Tease. Mrs D absolutely loves the smell, so, why change when she's feeling the love too?!
Had a Minora blade loaded, but think it's about spent after 3 shaves.
The lather has been super and only seems a little bit harder to whip up with a boar. PAA synth and C&H badger have been lather-tastic.

Attachments

• 20230415_115542.jpg
    20230415_115542.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 5
SOTD 19-Apr
20230418_173843-01.jpeg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: SS Margaritas
Razor: CG Gen 1 Lvl 3
Blade: Wizamet (1)

Seeing as the sun decided to show it's face in deepest darkest Wales yesterday I thought I'd tempt fate again...luckily taking a gander over the mountains looks clear (small miracles!). So out comes margaritas for a run, standard Stirling performance with that added cooling effect, very pleasant. Think I've said it before but this is not the strongest cooling set but this is as far as I'll go, especially after some unfortunate and uncomfortable experiences with B&M Terror where I hadn't washed my hands sufficiently...eek!

Smooth finish with the level 3, I'm going to try and expand my search for a level 2 plate but I doubt my chances of success!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Lq6iFF5.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Zenith 3-band Machurian Badger
Soap: RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (0.86mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Super Stainless Krona (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vitos Tobacco Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Santa Maria Novella Tobacco Toscana EdT

I’ve decided not to shave today as yesterday’s rasp was so close and comfortable that my stubble is cowering in fear in their little follicular homes. However, here’s my birthday SotD from exactly ten years ago today:

21A38C8C-14E9-4FA4-8FFE-390D8F089BB2.jpeg

That’s the same tatty old brush I still use today but I haven’t a clue what the soap is. The razor is a Gillette #77 which I recently moved on as it is a touch too much for my gentle features. Oh I do love that particular flavour of TOBS.

Have a grand day folks - I’ve scoffed a box of chocs already! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

PS. Matron got me a pair of shorts for my birthday - she struggled to find a supplier that would issue a size with sufficient X’s before the L but eventually found success with a hessian sack maker.

Bart’s balm pre-shave oil
EJ DE89
Treet platinum
Omega 20102
Arko cream
Bart’s balm unscented

First time giving DE a go and it went well. Took my time and got a good shave with no blood :) bit tricky manoeuvring around the chin though!View attachment 104282View attachment 104282
Great kit. I’ve been at this DE lark for over ten years and regularly use a DE89 and the same brush which is an absolute classic in my sort of humble opinion. Enjoy!

I’ve decided not to shave today as yesterday’s rasp was so close and comfortable that my stubble is cowering in fear in their little follicular homes. However, here’s my birthday SotD from exactly ten years ago today:

View attachment 104281

That’s the same tatty old brush I still use today but I haven’t a clue what the soap is. The razor is a Gillette #77 which I recently moved on as it is a touch too much for my gentle features. Oh I do love that particular flavour of TOBS.

Have a grand day folks - I’ve scoffed a box of chocs already! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

PS. Matron got me a pair of shorts for my birthday - she struggled to find a supplier that would issue a size with sufficient X’s before the L but eventually found success with a hessian sack maker.
Happy Birthday:D

View attachment 104281

Happy Birthday Reaction GIF

Enjoy your day.

Back
Top Bottom