SOTD: Saturday April 22 - Friday 28 April 2023.

SOTD: 22nd April 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10018.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Shaving Soap.
Razor: Merkur 39C. (Face) - Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Supply V2. (Head/Dome)- Personna Injector PTFE. (D4.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Paco Rabanne Pour Homme ASL. / Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...

The design of the Supply V2 injector razor is wonderful and like the vintage Schick injectors is solidly built to hold the blade firm & rigid in the razor head with no movement making the shaving experience feel safe comfortable, and smooth with no blade chatter they and very easy to adjust to finding the right shaving angle....As i have mentioned before they are such comfortable smooth efficient shavers too especially for head shaving.

Carrying on with my revisiting DE blade focus with the Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless which I haven't used for a while.

I had all intention of using my Merkur 37C for my face shave but changed my mind at the last minute and used the 39C instead..I still prefer using the 37C over the 39C, as I like the smaller handle. Both razors however are smooth shavers.

The Vidyuts/Super-Max SS for me have a good to be balanced of smoothness and sharpness they ain't the sharpest of blades i use but like all the other Subcontinent DE blades I have tried they have performed well with each razor i have paired them together with acceptable shaving results.

I will continue using the Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless, Dorco Prime Platinum & the Gillette Wilkinson sword (Saloon Pack) for a good while as I have such a large amount of these blades to contend with and infrequently haven't gave them much use so I'll be using each blade for two shaves max then it gets binned regardless if I can get more shaves from them. A luxury i can afford to waste.

Another enjoyable close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 22 Blades Challenge #5
Soap & Aftershave PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade#1 Polsilver Vintage Stainless #5
Blade#2 Gillette SharpEdge #2
My favorite soap & splash.... whip up nicely by the brush into a creamy and slick lather!
One of my favorite vintage razors...today's shave with both blades was wonderful. The Polsilver is still good...smooth and crisp enough but the Gillette feels smoother and crispier. The result is the same on both sides..bbs finish...
20230422_131218.jpg

Saturday 22nd April
General Aluminium - Schick Proline P #5 - Monsavon au lait - RazoRock Plissoft - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230421-164923-01.jpg

22/04/23
Shavette Saturday
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Feather ACSR-RBL
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Wk 17 (1).JPG
A very enjoyable bit of quiet sink time this morning. A face-full of soft badger, the wonderful scent of Sandalwood.
A very close single pass with some touch-up on the neck whirlpools leaving me BBS and very comfortable.
Finishing with a nice post shave routine setting me up for the day, albeit overcast and drizzling.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

Sat 22nd April

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
OSP Bay Rum
Yaqi Raster V1
Schick Proline [ 4 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

A much nicer Shave today than last time out when my face was very dry and Shaving was not too pleasant.Must be an early one tomorrow as out for the day, officiating at our Open Meeting, my first outdoors this year. I think I will load up my kit today to be ready
for the short drive to the Track.

IMG_0494.jpeg

SOTD 22-Apr
20230421_125859-01.jpeg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: A&E Tobacco Road
Razor: Koraat 6/8

Decent one this morning, getting into the swing of this weekend routine. Very close shave, excellent scent and now ready to teach my little one to swim this morning, should be entertaining. Was tempted to take her out on lake padarn but I'm not sure a glacial slate lined lake would be good starter, maybe next weekend ;)

Hope everyone has a grand weekend!

Cheers

Marc

22/04/2023

Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Brazilian Wilkinson Sword (3)
Brush: Simply Turned Silvertip
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Ice Lime

20230422_094854.jpg

I wasn't impressed with the first Seaforth soap I had and moved it on but I did like the scent. I thought the performance was lacking. I subsequently found that Maggard's had a version of the soap in an apparently improved base called Highlander and it also has a Limited Edition mentholated version. Rude not to. The soap arrived yesterday. Consistency of this base is nearly cream like so it's very easy to overload the brush. The performance is much improved and the cooling sensation is nice. I'm much happier with this purchase.

The ATT S1 also performed flawlessly. This is the performance I remember. Must have been a poor run last time.

Saturday 22 April
Not that I’m into shaving themes as such, but today’s shave had an Italian basis the exception being Astra blade and Razo Rock xXx balm.
I tried several different makes of blade (recommended by JJ Shaves) in the Razorine but none have so far matched the Astra for smoothness and efficiency. I will try these others out in “normal“ DE razors to see if it is just the Razorine head which by design doesn’t curve the blade when clamped but leaves it flat.
As was commented in a previous post (@ATG) certain blades seem to work well in certain razors but not others.
Finished with a BBS face which was a tad irritated I think due to the longish spell keeping my delicate fizog lathered. Some RR shave balm calmed things down and has left me looking forward happily to my COVID booster this afternoon.
Have a great weekend fellas!

0D98E0C6-2106-4E22-91A7-BD23102FBDA1.jpeg

22 April

TOBS Sandalwood
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

CFA61481-6425-4831-8B87-F90617F05F3C.jpeg
Fabulous close shave with a luxurious lather, but, I started the shave with too heavy a hand for this razor and caught a bump on the second stroke causing a persistent bleeder which needed a touch of stypic after the shave. My bad.

SOTD 20230422 Neon by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Oumo Brush, Babel Nebula, Sparrow S1, 27x50x115mm, 93g
  • Soap: Golden Beards Copenhagen Organic Honey Shaving Soap / Puig Myrurgia Hidalgo Crema de Afeitar (sample, vintage)
  • Razor: Gillette Labs UK 2023 Neon Night Edition Exfoliating Razor #1
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #3017 #Multiblade #Day1
cbkqKIh.jpg

Full size: 1200x900px
Soundtrack: Victor Wooten - The Lesson

Back
Top Bottom