SOTD: Saturday April 29 - Friday 5 May 2023.

I think washer is just there to stop the handle marking the underside of the plate. You shouldn't need to use it if you don't want to.

Lovely looking brush, Andy.
I guess it will work ok without the washer Chris but as you probably are aware the head stub thread that the handle attaches to isn’t circular. It’s a threaded flat stub so that the GEM blade which has a central slot can be fitted over it. The head needs to be loaded and handle tightened carefully so as not to cross the thread. Difficult to describe what I mean here but to me it doesn’t give the same snugness as you would get for example from a normal DE handle/head fit up. Alan

29 April, 2023​
Prep: Hot towel​
Razor: Weber ARC​
Blade: Polsilver (Lodz) 1​
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade​
Soap: Gentleman’s Nod: Ernest ( C4 )​
Fragrance: Tabac Vert

a truly wonderful shave.. the 'Nod' really is an 'elite' level soap, and the Lodz Pollie gives such a smooth shave.. it really is a shame that it can no longer be found, and wIth the demise of the Polsilver S.I, my stash of both will hopefully keep me going for a few years....​

I guess it will work ok without the washer Chris but as you probably are aware the head stub thread that the handle attaches to isn’t circular. It’s a threaded flat stub so that the GEM blade which has a central slot can be fitted over it. The head needs to be loaded and handle tightened carefully so as not to cross the thread. Difficult to describe what I mean here but to me it doesn’t give the same snugness as you would get for example from a normal DE handle/head fit up. Alan
Just the same with the Blackland Sabre, got to be careful when threading the handle on, it's basically the same design.

Paul.

27-04-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Yaqi Mellon, Super Max (# 9) :: Simpson M6, TSN LE 2014 :: Barrister & Mann, Waves :: Institut Karitè :: Brummel

kjfllqt.jpg

Salut!

Saturday 29th April

AJFCJaXzc6iAHywByzTbXoUbxzvF7lNyK7STio3O5Xfi91RsoIUd94pOQp11rpPD-mnilx8G-wlAotarVVkjfW6DMpER6lK_TEbCye4mbRurEJq5O0YYbvAmb2x6kFAxZcY7_zTcEVJgZKuJzJ0fsx06mZncKA=w800

Wickham's Super Smooth Shaving Soap & VieLong American Style w/Haryali Synthetic 20mm
Leaf Twig (Mercury) & Wilkinson Sword Economie Stainless (1)
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Continuing Artisan April ...

... and a soap that's been loitering at the back of my shave den, having been superceded by a most expansive range of scents in smaller tubs and then again with a new generation of soap that really is very excellent. My soap tonight is the first iteration of Wickham's Super Smooth, unscented and in those very wide trays that Darron sourced with an eye on postage costs as well as producing an excellent soap. I collected the whole range of the scented soaps, enjoyed them and moved them along ... but kept this very early version.

It does need a bit more work than the 1912 formula that followed, but if you treat it a bit like hard British soaps and lather on beyond the initial foaminess, you're given a superb lather.

Smashing shave it the Twig ... again. It really is a razor that you just can't get a bad shave from and with blades that can deliver a wide range of experiences across a number of razors, somehow the Twig manages to just let the blade do its thing and just give you a damn god shave.

I'm with you - makes sense to be cautious

SOTD: 30th April 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Nivea Men Body Shaving Stick.
Blade: Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 39C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Nivea Men 2 Phase ASL + Body shaving Anti-Irritation ASL.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

After my duo face & head shave in my previous shave the Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless still felt smooth & efficient pairing up wonderfully with the hefty Merkur 39C.

A close comfortable 2 pass +pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Body shaving Anti-Irritation ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom