SOTD: Saturday April 29 - Friday 5 May 2023.

Sunday 30th April

AJFCJaVTatHN08n4TutX80Ak5jMH70OnhwERD9PsWzKbqErJ5Bskjx4dyYWcGB54_48uIyq7BdPSv89VVIaRFo9NZtyQBo_bXXO8bY4P9yuaRCQwWVTucwmFSol2Dav4h73dFYmP-yCI48wcofL45vJBxyNsfA=w800

BeeClean Peppermint Shaving Soap & VieLong American Style w/Haryali Synthetic 20mm
Leaf Twig (Mercury) & Wilkinson Sword Economie Stainless (2)
Blue Stratos Aftershave

...and concluding Artisan April.

What a fun month of shaving! Much thanks for the idea @donnie_arko

I've been using this artisinal soap each weekend this month and truly loving it! It is one of those soaps that you look at on Etsy in and amongst all the hand and bath soap, buy in the faint hope that it'll be okay to find it absolute pants ... again, but not this one! This one is a winner! Of course it is, it's made in Yorkshire!

Better still, it's got sheep milk in it ...

... and so I'll be carrying on with this each weekend through the next month, which I'm dubbing Milky May.

Head and face SOTD
Gillette Super Speed with Gillette Nacet blade.
Leaf razor loaded with 2 x Euromax singles.
Simpson T3 brush.
Hags Eulogy soap and splash.
RS balm.

That was a lovely shave. The post shave feel left by this soap, and splash is sublime. I didn't find the scent of coconut overbearing like some others I've tried with similar profiles.
The vintage Gillette made things easy and comfortable.
Happy Shaving

Attachments

• 20230430_135334.jpg
    20230430_135334.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 8
IMG_1577.jpeg
SOTD: 30/04/2023

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
Blade: Feather Pro Guard, 8th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Fragrance: Tabac Original Eau de Toilette

A super Sunday shave from the the ATT SE1 and mighty Tabac!

A Sunday night, a shave to report on and on this occasion one with the theme, 'I have seen the light'

20230430_201207.jpg

Stainless Mongoose
Feather Super Professional
Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
The Bath House Orange flower
Trufitt and Hill Grafton

Well ladies and gentlemen, I have indeed seen the light and this next week will contain SOTD's free of innuendos, smut, profanities and general crudity. If by any chance my penis (please note the correct terminology) should appear in any shiny surface on a photo it is only by complete accident. Unlike this poor soul. And he only wanted to sell a kettle..

35A0B9F300000578-3658498-image-a-94_1466779450472.jpg

I shall keep my actual shave write up to be factual and less trying to get a dirty old man slant in there. I welcome you to the 'new me'

The shave...

It was nice

But you will get a daily video from some Japanese ladies

EA8EB354-2E6C-4E54-B2FE-110562AB60E4.jpeg
Simpson Chubby 1 Super
Pal Injecto Matic
Chinese Schick Blade (4)
Shulton Old Spice shaving soap
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Shulton Old Spice a/s

Very close and comfortable. Blade presence, but very smooth with the Pal.

No modern day iteration of Old Spice comes anywhere close to Shulton’s original splash. Wonderful stuff.

Enjoy the Bank Holiday chaps.

after the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1958 Executive/Schick Plus Platinum (1971)
rebranded Simpsons silvertip inna butterscotch Commodore handle/Simpsons rose shaving cream (vintage)
Lucky Tiger after shave
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT (90%)

I gotta say this Schick blade is the perfect fit. I'd bought some of these years ago and was down to one 10 pack, having been on a jag with em for a while in the past, and was dreading cracking it open. Acquired some recently that are even the same year and popped a pack this morning. Same degree of wonderfulness as I remembered and now back in my rotation.

The rose cream is old and a few of the small travel tubes are crystalized into chunks that are kinda easy to break up after soaking in hot water well before the shave. Still works quite well though so it's fine with me.

The frag was one I wore almost exclusively from late 80s to middle 90s. Countless reformulations of this juice since then and this is the original version which has the most concentrated added notes of 90%, which is EdP strength. Really, a few tiny squirts is all that's needed for great silage. Patchouli mixed with oakmoss and yes, patchouli lends itself to lots of other frags but pretty ugly alone.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 8
SOTD 01-May
20230501_073324.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned'
Soap: GN Ernest
Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: Rubie(2)

Cracking shave as always with the Athena, with the Ernest coming along for the ride, it was an excellent one. Very tempted to dive in on a few more GN sets but they're not as easy to get hold of as I'd like.

I took part in 'Artisan April' almost by default, this time around I'll have to get to know my soaps a little better to take part in 'The Milky-May'. Today's was a lucky one, had picked this out yesterday and a quick perusal of the ingredients calls out good old goat milk...phew.

Good shave and smelling good, hope everyone has a grand one on this miserable (albeit free day off so won't whinge) bank holiday.

Cheers

Marc

Mon 1st May

Cyril Salter/ MS ED2band
Ach Brito Mogno
Schick Super 11 Ultrex twin ( 10 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Not planned a Shave this morning but have to wait in for phone technician to sort out Landline.Though quite a comfortable Shave there are signs that the blade is really past its best, which as far as I can remember is quite good for me when using a Cart.

888E548B-9B46-422D-8CC0-8B51875857DA.jpeg

20230430_160430-01.jpeg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush The shave Factory Boar brush.
Soap Ariana & Evans Barbiere Sofisticato
Razor Leaf Twig
Blade Feather
Aftershave Ariana & Evans Barbiere Sofisticato

A nice shave today using the Leaf Twig and pairing it with a feather blade really makes a superb combination.
When I first got this razor I had very low expectations from it but it proved me very very wrong.
It has turned out to be a very competent light weight razor that shaves incredibly well and probably the most agile in my collection, I have even managed to do a full head shave with it without any issues.
I do have downsides to it though, I don't like the huge hole in the bottom of the handle and it just doesn't excite me like my Hawk does, I also just can't seem to get that glass finish feel on my face. that said again I want to reiterate it's a very nice razor.
The little boar brush is from my very first cheap DE razor set, it has an amazing feel on my face now it's fully broken in and lathers brilliantly.
It's probably why I never amassed a huge collection of brushes as the few I have seem to do exactly what I want and never felt the need to keep searching, that being said I have 2 of the special editions ordered and can't wait to try them when the time comes.
In all another great shave today and have an amazing day everyone.

Back
Top Bottom