SOTD: Saturday March 25 - Friday 31 March 2023.

29/03/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus Pure Bristle 1950
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - Gillette Techmatic
Blade - Band #5
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine
View attachment 103168
Rough night and rough morning, My little dog Ruby went downhill very quickly from yesterday afternoon. We nursed her through the night and were in the vets first thing this Morning. Sadly she did not make it and we had to say our goodbyes. Absolutely gutted.
Managed a shave when we got back, not the most efficient razor, however, it did the job in 3 very mild passes.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
View attachment 103170View attachment 103171
Sorry for your loss Tony...Get yourself another faithful ever loving companion soon.Yours- Barry

6Lrnp5I.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Cream: Geo. F. Trumper Spanish Leather
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (8)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Cussons No. 1 Original Imperial Leather Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Geo. F. Trumper Spanish Leather EdC

29/03/23
Blade - Band #5
Post - Cold water Rinse
View attachment 103168
Rough night and rough morning, My little dog Ruby went downhill very quickly from yesterday afternoon. We nursed her through the night and were in the vets first thing this Morning. Sadly she did not make it and we had to say our goodbyes. Absolutely gutted.
Managed a shave when we got back, not the most efficient razor, however, it did the job in 3 very mild passes.
My condolences

29/03/23
Blade - Band #5
Post - Cold water Rinse
View attachment 103168
Sorry to hear this Tony. Ruby was a beautiful dog. Thinking of you all at this time.

Thanks C

I know what you mean about Feather, (and some other AC blades) being a little rough on the first use.
I really didn't get on very well with the SS Vector, which was a shame.
I really wanted to like using it more than I did, but I was underwhelmed with it.
If I hadn't moved it on to buy a Hawk V3, it would be left in storage not being used.
I agree with your assessment of the SS Vector, P. You know I wasn't the biggest fan of it. It throws in to question my logic for buying the Ti version but logic isn't always present in this game. It's been a while since I used the SS Vector but this version appears smoother on first use.

29/03/23
Blade - Band #5
Post - Cold water Rinse
View attachment 103168
I'm sorry for your loss Tony.
It's the worst time.
May fond memories come to mind often.

Very best wishes

Razor = Occam’s Oren •••
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 4 )
Brush = C&H Adventure Series V15 Fanchurian
Soap = Buddha Wood By Wickhams
with matching splash
Balm = Nivea Skin Energy
IMG_9924.jpegLove it :love: Love it :love: Love it :love:
Buddha Wood what a cracking soap,
Then again i think all the Wickhams i have are.
There’s a couple of Wickhams that are exclusive to The Gentleman’s Groom Room and they are every bit as good as any other,
For me the scent could be stronger but that’s just me and the scent is probably just right.
Agai nMost Wickhams soap don’t have a strong scent and some would say it’s just right.
Again i’m not going to harp on about this razor but for me i find it the best iv used Ever,
Not the prettiest, not the best design but for me it’s ideal.
Potato Peelers lovers club unite :ROFLMAO:
Stay Safe Boys n Girls

Last edited:
29/03/23
Blade - Band #5
Post - Cold water Rinse
View attachment 103168
Sorry to hear about Ruby Tony, my thoughts are with you.
Paul.

Back
Top Bottom