SOTD: Saturday May 6 - Friday 12 May 2023.

Saturday AM 2023-05-06
The San Francisco Olympic Club, the first US athletic club, was established on this date in 1860
5uj0Xp8.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Horn Finest (22/45)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving cream (vintage)
LASSC BBS-1
Personna 74 Tungsten (18)
Penhaligon's Lords aftershave (vintage)
HZ9uyGh.jpg

Head and face SOTD
Gillette Super-Speed USA with Gillette Platinum blade.
Leaf razor with two Euromax singles.
Omega Boar brush.
MWF soap.
Proraso splash.
My Beard face conditioner.

Super Saturday shave.
Another awe-inspiring shave with a vintage Gillette and the Leaf razor. The fat performed exceptionally well and left me feeling supple. A spritz of Proraso and smelling good, too.
Happy Shaving

20230506_160111.jpg

Saturday 6th May

AJFCJaVlN8U2Fi1juQbU4DW8EbRA1EIsDkbRGczlTVk59nPTtkn5yYxw2CDapZI5scowss9kR2UhKu9sxa2mDRPEsZ7xJha0vVNVclgp7GWOPeB3Bk5ULw8btAYmVv1NLy84ko3TPY2KsFTmUkHSAxTxLjhkag=w800

BeeClean Peppermint Shaving Soap & Semogue SOC Taj Pure Bristle
Ever-Ready 1907 & GEM by Personna (6)
Alt Innsbruck Cologne (as Aftershave)

I've said it before, but like telling the tale ... when I shave with a lather catcher, I like to perform the full pass without rinsing the razor.

Boy, oh boy! Ever-Ready got something so right with this razor! I'd always assumed that it must have been designed with the intention of holding a wedge-type straight edge rather than a razor blade, but see Reichard patented two razor designs that year - this one and the one we call the "Reverse" Lather Catcher, both to take a new blade made of "a thin sheet of steel, one edge of which is sharpened so as to form a cutting edge, and the opposite edge or rear edge of the blade is embraced by a substantially U-shaped metal strip" ... which to me reads like the first incarnation of what we today know as the GEM blade. Remember, this was a good few years before we saw the Damaskeene blades but Radio blades were trademarked in 1904 yet period adverts simply refer to them as "blades". Those adverts do state that the shaver need not have them sharpened, but can buy fresh from ASR once they dull. Naturally, a stropper was available.

How's that for turbo nerd @Boycie83?

Saturday 6th May

AJFCJaVlN8U2Fi1juQbU4DW8EbRA1EIsDkbRGczlTVk59nPTtkn5yYxw2CDapZI5scowss9kR2UhKu9sxa2mDRPEsZ7xJha0vVNVclgp7GWOPeB3Bk5ULw8btAYmVv1NLy84ko3TPY2KsFTmUkHSAxTxLjhkag=w800

BeeClean Peppermint Shaving Soap & Semogue SOC Taj Pure Bristle
Ever-Ready 1907 & GEM by Personna (6)
Alt Innsbruck Cologne (as Aftershave)

I've said it before, but like telling the tale ... when I shave with a lather catcher, I like to perform the full pass without rinsing the razor.

Boy, oh boy! Ever-Ready got something so right with this razor! I'd always assumed that it must have been designed with the intention of holding a wedge-type straight edge rather than a razor blade, but see Reichard patented two razor designs that year - this one and the one we call the "Reverse" Lather Catcher, both to take a new blade made of "a thin sheet of steel, one edge of which is sharpened so as to form a cutting edge, and the opposite edge or rear edge of the blade is embraced by a substantially U-shaped metal strip" ... which to me reads like the first incarnation of what we today know as the GEM blade. Remember, this was a good few years before we saw the Damaskeene blades but Radio blades were trademarked in 1904 yet period adverts simply refer to them as "blades". Those adverts do state that the shaver need not have them sharpened, but can buy fresh from ASR once they dull. Naturally, a stropper was available.

How's that for turbo nerd @Boycie83?
Approve Pedro Pascal GIF by Nordisk Film Finland

qkwOg3t.jpg

Brush: Simpson QE II Diamond Jubilee
Cream: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (1)
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EdT

Long Live King Charles III.

SOTD: 7th May 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Arko Shave Stick.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Comfort A/S Cologne./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Another very in-expensive eclectic shave set up where everything paired together wonderfully.

The Parker 94R. / Dorco Prime Platinum is a wonderful match very smooth, sharp and efficient.

A close comfortable 2 pass +pick ups shave with no errors to report. finishing the shave off with a few small dollops Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

And my first entry for this new week of SOTD's sees a shave themed, 'Post Coronation Blues (Reds and whites)'

20230506_192426.jpg

Red, white and blue. Not three colours you could usually mention together in Liverpool so yesterday was quite an exception, but a jolly fine one.

Just the other day someone turned around to my granddaughter Zuzu and said 'Your uncle Frank supports Everton', to which she screamed and went and hid in the kitchen away from blue uncle Frank. She's 6

First King of America - Ikon B1
King Bladus of Poland - Polsilver Lodz
King Giles of Montenegro - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
King Martin of France - MDC Fougere
Queen Parfum de Paris - Goutal Eau D'Hadrien
'King of what? Where the fuck is Kong?'

My shave for yesterday evening and a shave fit for a king. Or so I think. If Charles had a bit of sink time in the morning I would like to think he used the same accoutrements as myself. Good for the devil, good for the king.

People may balk at the cost of MDC but in its defence, other than being a great quality product I have hardly made a dint in the contents. I do wonder how long a jar would last if it was your only soap. I could imagine a good couple of years.

Big grin value at the end of it all and the Goutal well proving itself as a top scent. Pity my wife was shitted after a night with the girls so a scent to fall on a blocked nose

Another day

And a new to me band to sign out on. Certainly very talented on the guitar front. Enjoy, or don't.....

And my drool of the moment.....

Hirota_Hiro_400x400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom