SOTD: Saturday May 6 - Friday 12 May 2023.

7 May

PAA Dapper Doc’s
PAA Green Ray
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

4DF62B63-B0BB-4D39-BAA8-C71D6A580A90.jpeg
A very pleasant and colourful shave provided by Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements this morning. The Feather blade lasting four easy two pass shaves in the Ikon. An excellent Sunday shave.

07/05/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1 Best Badger
Soap - Martin De Candre Fougère
Razor - Blutt BR1 - 0.86
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck -Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Martin De Candre Limette
Wk 19 (2).JPG
The MDC is much easier to judge when loading from the jar, the little X1 picked up enough soap from very little loading and the lather was a joy to whip up during the face lather, it just keeps taking on water and building and building, very nice.
A new Wizamet in the Blutt is a dream combo for me. Super smooth and a comfortable BBS from 2 passes.
The post shave was very nice finishing with a splash of MDC Limette.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Sunday 7 May

After the magnificent spectacle of yesterday’s Coronation I was introduced to the Iron Man movie yesterday evening by my grandkids who it seems have watched the entire series from Marvel comics. I just about remember the Superman and Flash Gordon films and comics, no CGI then, all done on wires, so wondered what this was all about. All I can say is wow! I think I’m hooked.
Whatever his metal suit is made from would make amazing razors blades, bullet and bomb proof, probably stay sharp for life, think of the cost saving :unsure:
Anyway, today I utilised real life technology, Tatara Masamune plus Personna super USA. TOBS Sandalwood applied with my old pewter handle re-knotted synthetic. Not bullet or bomb proof but the result was a joyful union of sensations providing BBS in 2 passes plus pick ups,
Have a relaxing Sunday fellas :cool:

IMG_0063.jpeg

Sun 7th May

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Ach Brito
ES Claymore V1
Kai Captain Titan Proguard MG ( 9;)
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Had reservations about todays Shave, and in the end did not change the blade. As I am in a bit of a dry skin situation, the Shave was OK but honestly the finish is not that great.

4E913DAF-3252-4F7C-A416-B47706F6D608.jpeg

SOTD 20230507 Neon by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Lub: Moretti LEM Gel Trasparente ECG
  • Razor: Gillette Labs UK 2023 Exfoliating Razor Neon Night Edition FlexDisc #16
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #Titanic #Multiblade #WIP
XpXRmHR.png

Full size: 1000x1000px
Soundtrack: Mark Mancina - August's Rhapsody in C Major (August Rush 2007, OST)

Sunday AM 2023-05-07
Release date in 1972 of the film 'Jeremiah Johnson,' in which mountain man Del Gue was buried to his neck in sand
iRTos5R.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d’Agrumes shaving cream
Carbon Damascus Adamas
Iridium Super (1)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d’Agrumes aftershave

A wonderful shave with my favorite citrus software, even with a first-use blade.
0fGzeEF.jpg

Calani ‘Oriental Plum’
Shavemac TSR LE 2015
Wolfman WR1 OC WH2 handle
Gillette Silver Blue #2
Calani ASB

Lovely shave finishing off the Calani, so following my discipline of two out one in after finishing a MNS soap this past week let’s me order a new soap which I have decided on La Savonierre du Moulin.
Chosen wisely the way of the donkey have you

Sunday 7th May

AJFCJaX6sgG56LrAvZ3YCT0TBUJAyIRbPUVtKG6ghMOlM4h5FI4jAikQs4qgKV_fsdbgfp7RzYXi9yGnYUWKB6_vaRIwBPUwBIn-YIpLrwu7mKBODLtMDhP-gY4xv-XY_RhjvOEnwzN1uETO8Mw2j9PMr3TSlw=w800

BeeClean Peppermint Shaving Soap & Semogue SOC Taj Pure Bristle
Star Junior Bar & GEM by Personna (7)
Ach Brito Agua de Colonia (as Aftershave)

Continuing Milky May ... with a weekend of BeeClean's Peppermint Shaving Soap, which has sheep milk amongst its ingredients. I've made the joke before that the honey ingredient also qualifies because bees make milk, don't they? Boo-bees?

This Star lather catcher is a bit of an enimga. The back clearly states the American Safety Razor Corp which puts it past 1919 when the corporation was founded with a style that was last seen prior to the 1910. I wonder what the rationale for releasing the razor with this design was. I gather it came onto the market into the 1920s. I have read 1921, but not (yet) found a period advert to quality the exact year.

Fun, though ... more like the 1907 than the Junior Bar in use.

C4B6F9D6-E11B-4AB2-BF71-748A85B041E5.jpeg

Simpson Duke 2. Two Band SiLVERTiP
Schick Type L. Twinjector.
Vintage Schick twin blades (8 or 9?)
OSP Fougere
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Pinaud Lime Sec a/s

Finally broke out my penultimate tub of OSP Fougere.

I have a small stash of these wonderful soaps and particularly love the scent of this one.

Outstanding shave. Enjoy the rest of the bank holiday gents.

Back
Top Bottom