Sound Advice?

Piccolo is good for me, however if your hands are built to a larger scale I'd guess perhaps the Grande would suit better. That's only a guess though Matteo, as I haven't seen the Grande in the metal.

JohnnyO. o/

Only thing about the piccolo that annoys is that you can't use another standard M5 handle and that its so small, plus the fidgeting with the plastic ring when changing blades.

I agree about the indifference, with the right skill one can shave with almost everything as long as its sharp enough[emoji1]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Only thing about the piccolo that annoys is that you can't use another standard M5 handle and that its so small, plus the fidgeting with the plastic ring when changing blades.

I agree about the indifference, with the right skill one can shave with almost everything as long as its sharp enough[emoji1]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

What plastic ring? It's a 3 piece brass razor.

its a overly simplistic statement but it does have some truth to it. it is just a blade holder but there is so much variation in how your blade holder presents the blade to the face-angle, gaps, weight, blade curvature etc...
a vintage razor could shave as well as a modern one, to say with certainty that it will seems a little over confident.

What plastic ring? It's a 3 piece brass razor.

Mine is a 4 piece...

3d55d94f993037ff52bf1c1025d19fb8.jpg

15f07de3aaf73fa7c33c770af00a43cc.jpg

723129fb221e81eaf386dea758a73fc3.jpg

Used it only twice yet, gotta give it another go in an italian shave [emoji3]

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Came like that in a box, but was unused and preowned, so I don't know when it was bought. How does yours look? [emoji4]

I haven't got one...yet! I'm trying to decide between the piccolo or the grande. I don't like short handles but the thought of a hollow handle puts me off. I've just never seen a washer type ring on a razor before.

if your worried about the water building up in the hollow handle, do what Gillette did and drill a hole in the very bottom of the hollow handle. issue solved.

The plastic ring mystery, most likely the previous owner added that to get proper tightening of the razor handle to the head. the current owner may discover a loose head if he puts it together without the ring, wich looks like a rather small washer from a plumbing store. Looks about right for some early fridge ice makers.

Came like that in a box, but was unused and preowned, so I don't know when it was bought. How does yours look? [emoji4]

Mine looks exactly the same as yours but without the plastic washer. Mine was bought new and didn't have one, so it's not even part of the packaging. You don't need it.

@Bezoar The Fatip handle is hollow from the bottom so water can't get trapped in it.

Yeah you guys are right, ring was probably added by the previous owner.

Anyway the pccolo is a pretty good razor, and if you are on a tight budget it is a bargan.

Thick handle or small handle, all only a matter of getting used to.

I dont have the grande, just a roedter (newest version) which is based on it, but compared to the piccolo it's too aggressive imho. If the handle was solid it would become too heavy heavy.

4a23ff98a3a17e9d11ab1e757b6d6b58.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom