Star Wars Ep7.

It appears Disney has bought Lucas Film and is planning three more Star Wars movies with episode seven scheduled for 2015.
Is this good news for Star Wars fans?, and will their offerings be better than the last attempts.

Dave.

Disney are a successful company and George Lucas has run out of steam... Star Wars always was a family film... I can't see why some people are up in arms.

I like the idea but just hope they stop messing with the original ones! I also hope that the new films fit in with the existing time lines created by the books.. Guess it gives a load of back ground for them! I always thought the death star book would make a great film, filling in some blanks about the 2nd death star.

I remember going to see the first one, collecting all the comics, the trading cards and the figures. I had light-sabers, games, music, annuals, pens, pencils, rubbers, t-shirts. I watched every single bit of extra TV footage like interviews and the making-off.

I was living and breathing it for about three years.

If Disney can re-capture some of the magic that I and many 40-somethings felt back then (and still do), I reckon they'll be on to a winner.

Fingers crossed.

Did the prequels really capture the imagination of another generation or two? I doubt it but then it probably doesn't matter, talk is of spinning the franchise out in a Bond like fashion god forbid.

Watching the original Star Wars film in 1977 was a real game-changer. The three prequels were crap... but I think Disney may come up with something better.

By the way, the Star Wars ride at Disney Studios in Florida is absolutely incredible... and you get a different ride each time (depending on the luck of the draw). I was so impressed I bought an... erm... Goofy doll dressed up as Darth Vader.

disney should do well on this... they have brought us the new Avengers movie, which was excellent. They brought us at least one good pirates of the carribean movie, and also countless amazing hits from pixar. I think they can probably pull it off.

You get captivated by these things in a certain age range and as I guess we are fellas of a certain age who has son(s) that are/were equally captivated by the latest films?

Lucas was never a great director or screenwriter which i think was part of the 3 prequels problem

I 'm looking forward to them and as far as Disney is concerned they will make huge amounts of cash so a shrewd bit of business

Back
Top Bottom