Storing Beans

Hi coffee lovers! I've just taken possession of 1kg of Lavazza beans and will need to store some once opened. How do you guys store your beans? I've heard you can keep them in the freezer, but is this overkill? I was thinking about putting them in a kilner jar. Any thoughts...?

Pig Cat said:
Hi coffee lovers! I've just taken possession of 1kg of Lavazza beans and will need to store some once opened. How do you guys store your beans? I've heard you can keep them in the freezer, but is this overkill? I was thinking about putting them in a kilner jar. Any thoughts...?

Lavazza. Good coffee. I keep mine in a tupperware box in the fridge (somebody once told me that too much cold forces the oils out, but that reeks of cod to me).

Ken T M said:
Pig Cat said:

Lavazza. Good coffee. I keep mine in a tupperware box in the fridge (somebody once told me that too much cold forces the oils out, but that reeks of cod to me).

Presumably these are pre-roasted, right?

Yes Ken, pre-roasted beans.

When I ordered a kilogram I imagined a rather large sack. It is quite big, but now that I'm getting through the cups I reckon it won't last too long. Amazon has a 'subscribe and save' thingy where you get 10% off if you place a regular order. I reckon 1kg will need re-ordering every 2-3 months. Think I might give it a go.

Pig Cat said:
Yes Ken, pre-roasted beans.

When I ordered a kilogram I imagined a rather large sack. It is quite big, but now that I'm getting through the cups I reckon it won't last too long. Amazon has a 'subscribe and save' thingy where you get 10% off if you place a regular order. I reckon 1kg will need re-ordering every 2-3 months. Think I might give it a go.

Well, 1 kilo doesn't last long here :) I store in room temp in sealed (with a plastic clip) bag. Ever wondered where the moist/ice in a fridge/freezer comes from... From the products inside there...

Mines are just Stored in the bag they come in(unless it was a paper bag) I don't think these will last you as long as you think though PC you will only get 60 odd doubles out of it.
About a month for me maybe less

If 250g is lasting you 2 weeks then you should probably buy an amount appropriate to your usage, they will be fresher and you will in the end get a much better drink if you are buying less quantity more often.

Back
Top Bottom