Straight Razor Shave of the Day

I love watching this thread! So many lovely razors and brushes out there! Also the standard of photography is way higher than the usual "look at my stuff" pics on forums. Not sure I can compete with my phone and the bathroom windowsill!
Talking of photography, does anyone know how to upload photos so the forum doesn't crush the sharpness and resolution? I've tried just about every file size and but can't work it out!
Many thanks.

SoTd
Have to say I enjoyed yesterday’s shave so much we had another run out with the TI AOS this evening.. another wonderful shave completely BBS really pleased with this little razor picked it up at a great price in unused condition and after having the edge beautifully refined by @RussellR5555 it’s certainly a keeper thanks again Russ really enjoying it ! Feeling super smooth and refreshed..
C57FA7FA-10C0-447E-9DC2-719283879CFE.jpeg

Well, this is my first SoTD post so 'cut' me some slack and forgive the pants phone pic.

I couldn't sleep last night so I lay in bed at 2am stropping my Fritz Bracht 1940s Tennis Extra Hollow (yeah, I know, dodgy, second only to smoking in bed I guess!) Don't try this at home kids, not big, not clever, you might fall asleep with a vorpal blade in your duvet!

This was a pretty unassuming start to the week, low expectations Monday morning snatched refresh.

No intention for this to be luxurious, I eschewed the natural brush, Cella and Baurmann in favour of a quick squeeze of Palmolive cream, half face/ half bowl lather with the synthetic brush, to see how the blade fared after my attention.

Wash with Pears, tiny rub of bio oil, hot towel, then the Palmolive as stated. 2 passes. The 50 passes on leather defo helped, as Ol' Fritz did the business with a minimum of fuss. A quick moisturising layer of this bargain "Hydro Age" (Q10 for old men from Lidl!)

As I say, all pretty low rent and unassuming but it was very pleasant and effective, leaving me with a face like a baby dolphin's backside hahaha! (BDBS?!)

Massively overshot expectations. Nothing to do tomorrow as a result.

Attachments

• 20210510_215522.jpg
    20210510_215522.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Well, this is my first SoTD post so 'cut' me some slack and forgive the pants phone pic.

I couldn't sleep last night so I lay in bed at 2am stropping my Fritz Bracht 1940s Tennis Extra Hollow (yeah, I know, dodgy, second only to smoking in bed I guess!) Don't try this at home kids, not big, not clever, you might fall asleep with a vorpal blade in your duvet!

This was a pretty unassuming start to the week, low expectations Monday morning snatched refresh.

No intention for this to be luxurious, I eschewed the natural brush, Cella and Baurmann in favour of a quick squeeze of Palmolive cream, half face/ half bowl lather with the synthetic brush, to see how the blade fared after my attention.

Wash with Pears, tiny rub of bio oil, hot towel, then the Palmolive as stated. 2 passes. The 50 passes on leather defo helped, as Ol' Fritz did the business with a minimum of fuss. A quick moisturising layer of this bargain "Hydro Age" (Q10 for old men from Lidl!)

As I say, all pretty low rent and unassuming but it was very pleasant and effective, leaving me with a face like a baby dolphin's backside hahaha! (BDBS?!)

Massively overshot expectations. Nothing to do tomorrow as a result.
Great first post in the SoTd sounds like you had a wonderful shave..the Palmolive is excellent I really like the scent on it too ! Nice to see you posting here and look forward to seeing more

Back
Top Bottom