Closed Straight razor waiting list and status (learn to straight shave - need new guys!)...

The list, this far:
GOLDCREST (Bought one and passes this one up)
Lose the Beard (bought one, and passes this one up)
shavecraft - ...
Mark70 (bought one and passes this one)
The Geordie Shaver
The Mackem Shaver - both strop and razor's with him now (after getting a personal hand over by TGS ... TSR at it's finest) Mackem's finished and should ship to Nick anytime now (Razor has been touched up by a local guy, cheers Dave!)...
nicknohair's
majortom
texaspete (razor and strop are there now)
midlife_crisis
Ken
jeepie is next, if I got everything right ...
Okeydokey
mr..bean
Exapno
Greg
49:er

Read Neil Millers threads in the straight section, this one being the best, if you've the walkabout razor coming...

TERMS:
Post your interest in the: Pass around straight (it's a go now - Swedish razors walkabout) ...

You would need some kind of strop, plain piece of leather should do though, easiest if you can lay it flat on a table and strop (with the weight of the razor alone and flat against the leather - let the spine/back lead the way - NO PRESSURE ON THE EDGE)
- CHEERS TO Bechet45 for taking care of the strop part! - Strop will be in parcel from The Geordie Shaver

I f nothing else is agreed you need to ship it to me in Sweden, for honing, prob a good idea in between every time a new member wants to try (if not used or very little use, you can ship directly to the next guy). I don't know how that exactly would work, but from here it's approx. £ 6.50 to ship out registered + actual shipping (approx £ 2) - rather costly, but maybe a cheap price for trying this thing out! (cheaper than one shave at a barber)?

The pool would be open for guys who has been around some, but are new to straights and wants to try. If you drop the razor and it gets damaged/destroyed, you've to pay me £20 and I get another one (honed and ready).

Please lmk if there's any interest and/or if you've got any improvement ideas...

The razor, a German Crown and Eagle 11/16 (+5/8ish size), round point and full to extra hollow :
0061024x729.jpg

I've done a couple of vids for this thread and I'll post them here as well as in the thread:

General shaving (with the pool razor):
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/X1RdHRi0Yfk[/video]

Stretching the skin:
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/-bEuBjF_RaM[/video]

My "normal" routine, 2 ½ passes with some comments re nicks and how to shave over them etc...
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/WzD8CMrd5xQ[/video]

RE: Straight razor waiting list and status (+ need more people on the list) ...

Great videos Mikael

Second one is even better than the first you are a natural, keep them coming

Cheers Mark, I try ... Hey, do you mean shaving or making silly vid clips? Lol.

Edited:
William: Thank you! I hope it helps someone.

Derrick: Excellent, you're on the list :D

EXCELLENT Video Mikael,Thank you...That video shows things an outright beginner really needs to know.

No one else, as far as I'm aware, has shown this technique in the same detail on any of their films before...Ie...How to stretch the skin and the face...Thank you for taking the time to make it....

Straight razor waiting list and status (+ need more people on the list) ...

I too would like to go on the list though I am new here so may not be able too? Sorry to go off topic but is there an area of this forum where straight razor are sold ready to shave?

Woodacre1983 said:
I too would like to go on the list though I am new here so may not be able too? Sorry to go off topic but is there an area of this forum where straight razor are sold ready to shave?

Hi Woodcare! Yes, you can find them in the BST section (Buy Sell Trade) and you are a little too new, no offense, but we don't know you yet.

Mikael

Can you take me off the list as I have just purchased a straight from Fido

I already have had the strop sent to me pending receipt of the razor and will send it on to The Geordie Shaver. I have his address as I send the lending slant on to him recently

Thanks for setting this up and firing my desire to try/purchase

Mark

Will do Mark ^^ Good luck!! :D

Great vids Mikael, are you gonna make some on head shaving too? ;)

My God! I forgot about the razor (I honed it last weekend, but haven't sent it yet). I'm sorry!! :( :blush: Please forgive me and please PM me your addy...

H: do you think there's a demand on that? I could do it, if you like. Do you mean with a SE/saftey razor or a straight?

Mikael said:
My God! I forgot about the razor (I honed it last weekend, but haven't sent it yet). I'm sorry!! :( :blush: Please forgive me and please PM me your addy...

H: do you think there's a demand on that? I could do it, if you like. Do you mean with a SE/saftey razor or a straight?

Well, I once shaved mine for a while. Can't see it coming in a nearest future, but would be very interesting to see a head shave with SE, you never know.. :)) I mean there are many of those on youtube, but you being 'our guy' kinda adds value :)

Back
Top Bottom