Suggestion of a good brushless cream?

Morning gents,

My dad doesn't want to use a brush (even though I think it's the best bit!) so I want to get him a nice brushless cream.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Dipesh

I know that there are creams marketed as brushless, but aren't 'proper' creams just as effective when rubbed on a damp face with fingers?

Hope that makes sense, in the middle of xmas decorating!

Pig Cat said:
I know that there are creams marketed as brushless, but aren't 'proper' creams just as effective when rubbed on a damp face with fingers?

What's doin PC,

A few years back a well respected member of another shaving forum started a thread with him using well known creams without a brush, and he was very pleased with the performance when used like you mentioned. Surprised him a good bit, and the readers were also pretty surprised at the good results.

This was over at SMF and the member's name is 'Brothers'. Very interesting read.

Martin

Hi Marv, yes I think I'd heard about that discovery somewhere. None of my ideas or suggestions are truly original. :-/ Brothers is a member here but not been active for a while.

He can't stand shave oil Tony.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give a normal cream a go without a brush a see how I get on.

Cheers chaps.

One of the few new ones a store in my area has started to sell is the: Neutrogena skin clearing Shave Cream. It's oil free and says that it's also a skin conditioner(something us older gentlemen need). Tried it this AM for the First time. It's non foaming, clear, guess it's worth a try. ~5$US.

If I'm in a rush I sometimes use Kiss My Face shave cream without a brush (very rarely). It works better than any shave oil or canned stuff I ever tried, one pump from the dispenser into wet hands a quick rub together to generate the lather and then smeared round a wet face. It's not strictly brush less, it works very well with a brush too. My wife uses it to shave in the shower too. I recently picked up two of the lime ones from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kiss-My-Face-Moisture-liquid/dp/B000YDZWMO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1323645922&sr=8-3

Yellow Jim said:
If I'm in a rush I sometimes use Kiss My Face shave cream without a brush (very rarely). It works better than any shave oil or canned stuff I ever tried, one pump from the dispenser into wet hands a quick rub together to generate the lather and then smeared round a wet face. It's not strictly brush less, it works very well with a brush too. My wife uses it to shave in the shower too. I recently picked up two of the lime ones from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kiss-My-Face-Moisture-liquid/dp/B000YDZWMO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1323645922&sr=8-3

I just tried some of this today and quite liked it.

For those living in Canada it can be purchased online from well.ca with free shipping, no minimum purchase.

Back
Top Bottom