Suggestion

I have a suggestion - request; and forgive me if this was already addressed - I haven't browsed the entire list of threads:

If one chooses "Mark this forum read", there's no need to return to that forum, right? Is it possible to have one's browser fall back to e.g. the next higher level of the forums, or even to the top level, automagically?

Henk

I don't know if I fully understand what you mean Henk but if it is what I think it is then there are two ways to do it, one is to click the link at the top of the page, you should see a site structure under the user CP link, it will look like
The Shaving Room › Site Feedback › Feedback and Help Requests v
Suggestion
Clicking on any one of these will take you straight to the level.You can also use the Forum Jump drop down menu at the bottom of each page.
Was that what you were looking for?

Boab said:
Was that what you were looking for?

Nope... ;-)

What I meant was this: suppose I'm in The Shaving Room > Shaving Talk > Shave of the Day, and I decide that, after reading some new threads, I do not need to read the remaining threads with unread posts, so I click 'Mark this forum read'. I am then presented with a screen saying "The selected forum has been marked as read.", with an additional link "Click here if you don't want to wait any longer." Regardless of whether I wait for the screen to go away by itself, or click the "Click here if you don't want to wait any longer." link, I am transported back to the 'Shave of the Day' forum, which I just marked 'read'. However, I marked it 'read' because I decided I didn't need to read any of the remaining threads, so bringing me back there seems less than ideal - preferably clicking 'Mark this forum read' should bring me back to the next level up from the forum I just marked 'read'.

At least that's what I think ;-)

Cheers

Henk

I agree. When you're marking a forum as 'read' it should return you to the main screen, as by definition you're finished with that particular forum.

It may be possible but I don't know of any forum software which does that by default, the old one certainly didn't.

Back
Top Bottom