Suggestions for Derby cream...

Well a few weeks ago I decided to buy a couple of tubes of Derby shaving cream. It was cheap and I thought "why not". Well, now I'm thinking "why?!" because I have discovered that Derby cream is nasty horrible stuff that, while lathering adequately, smells of toilet cleaner. I bought the lemon and menthol tubes.

I am happy to PIF them but don't really think it is fair, though perhaps somebody out there is in to Harpic in a big way. I have just been wondering if they'd be worth using in the shower, but I like to leave the shower smelling nicer than when I went in. I don't like throwing things out but perhaps I should admit defeat. Anybody fancy a try of these or have a suggestion for another use? The best answer will get a Pig Cat Smiley.

I quite liked the Menthol one I had... Does that make me odd? Anyway, found it handy for my trip to the US in September - got another coming up next month so could happily make use of them :D

Excuse me. 1st a negative on the blades! Now on the Cream!!! Did you use them together as the small print in Turkish asks you to!!:)-) . No! you all are using them separately... If they wanted you to do that they would have named them differently!!!
Give it a fair shake. DERBY the Blade; the Cream; the Shave!
Best with the Turkish Horse Hair Brush!

Johnus said:
Excuse me. 1st a negative on the blades! Now on the Cream!!! Did you use them together as the small print in Turkish asks you to!!:)-) . No! you all are using them separately... If they wanted you to do that they would have named them differently!!!
Give it a fair shake.

You got me to laugh pretty good, buddy,

So if I understand you, the Derby blade is just one component of the 'Derby System', along with the correct soap/cream (Derby naturally). Yeah, I shoulda looked at the small print on the blade to see what the best 'compliment' for it would be. Those type of helpful tips are always welcome.....

So I guess I need a fresh Derby blade and some of the menthol Derby SC I was gifted with this Secret Santa season. I admit to not having tried the cream yet, but if it's anything like that Derby blade it will be memorable.

Hehehe, that really tickles me,

Dodgy

I've never smelt the lemon one but the menthol one isn't too bad. I enjoyed the light scent and hint of menthol.

I don't think you can use up creams like you would a soap in the shower PC.

It's be quite interesting to hear suggestions!

Depends what brush you're using PC. I find that if you squeeze about a finger sized amount on the brush, and swirl it around the bowl for about a minute, you'll build up a really creamy lather that will remove all traces of tag nuts, winnits and cling ons from your WC. It smells marginally better than the toilet bowl itself.

Canuck said:
Depends what brush you're using PC. I find that if you squeeze about a finger sized amount on the brush, and swirl it around the bowl for about a minute, you'll build up a really creamy lather that will remove all traces of tag nuts, winnits and cling ons from your WC. It smells marginally better than the toilet bowl itself.

Ah yes, the fabled winnits. Never suffered myself but you're obviously speaking from experience. Now which brush would you suggest? I'm torn between a Simpson and a Muhle. Well for the toilet bowl I reckon something in between such as a Stuhle would do the job.

228347839_5f5529d352_z.jpg

Nuff said

hunnymonster said:
Actually - look it says on that advert... "leaves your gusset lemon fresh" - a use for your Derby cream PC :)

Yes indeed. I shall construct a replica machine and smear the cream over the bristles. I've been after a project. This should keep me busy for a little while.

Back
Top Bottom