Summer fragrances

Got back home to a parcel from Fragrance direct (2 x Arran creams - Silly low prices) and forgot I'd bought some Davidoff Adventure with it. On special offer (£12) worked out slightly more to take the order over £20 for free delivery than taking their postage cost. A stab in the dark purchase.

A lighter fragrance without being sickly. Not bad for a daily wear.

Have something else very nice on its way.

Great thread @Satanfriendly !

A few that spring to mind & I've sampled recently are:
Sel Marin by Heeley
Bergamote Soleil by Atelier Cologne
Cedrat Enivrant by Atelier Cologne
Bigarade Concentree by Frederic Malle

Ultra Zest by Thierry Mugler
Vetiver Geranium by Creed
Eau de New York by Bond No 9

Let me throw this in the hat: Borsari Acqua Classica. A burst of fresh lemony goodness, Italian-style. Surprising long lasting for an affordable EDC. This is not an extremely complex scent and not a replacement for Acqua Di Parma, but it's high quality and perfect for summer!

Anyone heard of or used Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte? Came highly recommended on another forum

So I tried and I bought at a very nice price. Light citrus notes without being overbearing yet gently subtle. Being a unisex fragrance Mrs Satan has made an 'I can use' claim. She can go to Hell and will have to earn the sharing rights by picking better numbers next time in the raffle.

I was also sorely tempted by ADP Colonia Club but the Maison is a little less of a statement which is more me.

To update the Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Forte arrived and certainly different. Light but subtle yet perhaps not as citrus as I first thought. Overall a great E-Bay find and very happy.

I did try the Blenheim the other day in Penhaligons Chester and possibly overly sweet for me. Whoever said it reminded them of CIF Lemon needs a nasal transplant or I would like to know which CIF they are using. I need to spray a sample for the day and see how it settles on the skin (Blenheim that is not CIF). From what I read about Penhaligons perhaps no further than the shop door.

That ( and cost ) are my probs with Penhaligon's SF. Just love Sartorial, but who can pay that kinda dosh for 30 minutes of smelling faintly incredible. This summer I shall be mainly ( attempting ) to smell lightly of Polo Blue or Hombre Vetiver.

JohnnyO. o/

Whereas I have a somewhat fragrantly belligerent attitude to my personal scents ......... I won't wait 'til Autumn or Winter to enjoy my vintage Kouros or Paco Rabanne, etc .... Today it's original YSL M7 ...... Smells gorgeous in the warm weather. It is projecting a little, mind you ....... but my little girl loves it, so it's her opinion that matters :D

Gave a spray of Maison EDP this morning at around 6 o'clock and bugger me it's the other side of midnight and the scent is still there. Some heap big powerful stuff.

Also slipped in some Colonia Club this morning while in town. I am just hoping Mrs SF will just say 'you smell nice' and not explore any further.

As long as the further exploration is of Mr S Friendly

Oh absolutely.

In passing I am happy with the way I went on both the 'gotta smell summery this summer' fragrances I bought. The Maison Martin because it lasts forever (and longer than the average British summer) and glad I went with the Colonia Club as the Colonia is just too similiar to the Alvarez Gomez I have. But I am in zen with the weather which is all that matters....what summer fragrance do you recommend when it pees it down?

Whereas I have a somewhat fragrantly belligerent attitude to my personal scents ......... I won't wait 'til Autumn or Winter to enjoy my vintage Kouros or Paco Rabanne, etc .... Today it's original YSL M7 ...... Smells gorgeous in the warm weather. It is projecting a little, mind you ....... but my little girl loves it, so it's her opinion that matters :D

I wish I had the original M7 (or, at least smelt it to judge). The Oud Absolu is in my rotation...nice, long-lasting but, by all accounts not a patch on the real one...

Back
Top Bottom