Summer soap???

Just placed an order for that and the eucalyptus and menthol. Will see how I get on with them.
Just used mine yesterday. I find the cooling effect builds up on each of the 3 passes. If you follow it with Alcolado Glacial splash, you'll discover what cooling really is.
Mate - you should consider the OSP UKWSS soap and matching tonic - ideal for warmer days. It's herby, grassy and fresh. The tonic is a bit like Myrsol Agua Balsamico but with - a surprisingly large amount of - menthol. I think it was a limited edition but they are still for sale on the OSP site. Funnily enough I'm just about to go and use it. Cheers - I
That is a very underestimated soap. Love using mine.

Just used mine yesterday. I find the cooling effect builds up on each of the 3 passes. If you follow it with Alcolado Glacial splash, you'll discover what cooling really is.

That is a very underestimated soap. Love using mine.

@Electrif - what you said Arthur, the OSP UKWSS doesn't seem to get mentioned much. I've only ever had extremely good experiences with any of James' products. Talking of cooling - I'm prone to an extreme menthol shave now and again - basic reference point for me is - cold water, P&B Denali, Alcolado Glacial finished off with Vifrex gel. Invigorating doesn't state it highly enough. Eyes streaming, nose running. I've been intrigued by some of the cold Stirling soaps but I'm not taking a punt on getting them sent from the States - once bitten by customs and RM, twice shy - UK suppliers seem to sell out really quickly. Cheers - I

How do you compare the Fine to the SV soaps?

I've only used the Italian Citrus from their range. Performance wise it's not far behind the SV soaps. It's very easy to create a lather and has plenty of cushion and glide. The scent isn't as complex (still excellent and good scent strength) as any of the SV soaps but I haven't come across any soap to match the complexity of the SV soaps.

Saponificio Varesino is a top quality brand and you do pay extra for the packaging but I think it's worth it and makes the whole buying ‘ownership' all the better.

BTW: I've heard Fine are in the process of changing the way the soaps are packaged. At the moment it's just a card box.

The Fine soap is a top soap and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. I don't recommend anything lightly as I know people do take notice of what I (and others) say on here.

Hope this helps?
Cheers
Rob

I've only used the Italian Citrus from their range. Performance wise it's not far behind the SV soaps. It's very easy to create a lather and has plenty of cushion and glide. The scent isn't as complex (still excellent and good scent strength) as any of the SV soaps but I haven't come across any soap to match the complexity of the SV soaps.

Saponificio Varesino is a top quality brand and you do pay extra for the packaging but I think it's worth it and makes the whole buying ‘ownership' all the better.

BTW: I've heard Fine are in the process of changing the way the soaps are packaged. At the moment it's just a card box.

The Fine soap is a top soap and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. I don't recommend anything lightly as I know people do take notice of what I (and others) say on here.

Hope this helps?
Cheers
Rob

Informative as ever.

Thank you

I tried the OSP Peppermint and Rosemary this morning wow I love the smell of it. It hood enough to eat not that my mouth needs washing out. It instantly brings the smell of summer and outdoors indoors. Great scent and the usual OSP qualities. Shame James has stopped doing this one.

I tried the OSP Peppermint and Rosemary this morning wow I love the smell of it. It hood enough to eat not that my mouth needs washing out. It instantly brings the smell of summer and outdoors indoors. Great scent and the usual OSP qualities. Shame James has stopped doing this one.
Stock up while you can from the Enlilsh shaving co, just buy a couple and stash them away, that's what I ve done with a few of the OSP scents.....I'm not running out for some time! :)

Back
Top Bottom