Supermax Blades

Which ones were poo, blunt, never-to-be-used-again, guys? There are several incarnations of SuperMax and your descriptors fit most of them - but not the Blue Diamonds, which are very good blades.

Just goes to show how different we all are, as I find the Blue Diamond very good & use them as a reference to judge other blades by. Although it has to be said that I haven't got anywhere near as much experience as most others on here! I will almost certainly buy some more.

Gairdner said:
Blue Diamonds are poo for me unfortunately. I have some left and you are welcome to them, Carl.

Why thank 'ee kindly, sir. As I still have over three hundred of them at the back of my blade drawer, may I suggest a PIF for yours?

Wanderlust167 said:
Just goes to show how different we all are, as I find the Blue Diamond very good & use them as a reference to judge other blades by. Although it has to be said that I haven't got anywhere near as much experience as most others on here! I will almost certainly buy some more.

Yes, it does just prove we are all different, what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another.

This is why it is hard when new people come along asking for advice as to what razor or blade to use, we all have different faces which respond differently so personal experience is not always that helpful. My favourite razor is the Muhle R41 but I certainly wouldn't recommend it to a newbie.

I'd love blue diamonds on some jewellery for my wife but I'm probably not very good at robbery or cat burgarly.

I also think that every newbie should start with a shimmed R41 attached to a UFO 20mm thick Zeus XL handle. Of course, Feather blades would be essential as would a toothbrush to lather and apply the current Erasmic stick. The new Eau de Bleach aftershave by Face Off Cosmetics would complete the picture/death scene. As I still regard myself as a newbie with less than 3 months DE shaving under my belt, the above shouldn't be tried at home as it is total tosh. However, if you do try it and have extraordinary success, remember you heard it here first.

MATRON.....!

I must admit that I have tried many blades now including the well-known often mentioned blades BUT still find (for me) the Supermax Blue Diamonds the best for me. I think everyone should try as many makes of blade as you can and sttle on the one that suits YOU, as we are all different.
It is a learning curve until you find the ideal blade for your hair growth and face surface.
Thats the fun of it all anyway!!

Intriuging'
Why cant they just make one blade each,save a lot of confusion,now i am in two mind's as to try em,be better if we could get away with 3 shaves a day,,think how many blade's soap's and cream's we could get through,not to mention razor's,
any body know how they shave in a ss,or slim adjustable,or a 34c or 38c,
ime sure ive got a supermax amongst my bit's,ah well back to the drawing board,

Ian

Just had a root through my bag,and i have two of them to try,.i have the Vidyut supermax..super stainless,dk blue pack..and the supermax stainless,in the blue and orange paper.made in india,,both blades have the same writing on them,supermax/stainless,and 1 to 4 at the edge,so it look;s like they are both the same blade'
so if any one has a spare blue diamond taking up space so i can compare,
well quick walkies with the dog,then visiting time,
catch you all later,
Ian

iancxx said:
Just had a root through my bag,and i have two of them to try,.i have the Vidyut supermax..super stainless,dk blue pack..and the supermax stainless,in the blue and orange paper.made in india,,both blades have the same writing on them,supermax/stainless,and 1 to 4 at the edge,so it look;s like they are both the same blade'
so if any one has a spare blue diamond taking up space so i can compare,
well quick walkies with the dog,then visiting time,
catch you all later,
Ian

PM your address I'll send you a tuck.

Back
Top Bottom