Synthetic brushes?

I've also never been the slightest bit interested in synthetic brushes or even used one but much has been said of them lately and just to see what all the fuss is about, I've ordered the Razorock400 synth which should be landing next week. It'll be interesting to see what all the hype is about. Personally, I don't hold much hope for it but for under 20 quid, who cares...:)
As with Badger the more you pay for Synthetic the better it will perform eg Muhle, Edwin Jagger, Simpsons. I have a RazoRock synthetic and for the price it's not bad but certainly not the best!

I have a Plisson and a Simpsons synthetic which I am so impressed with that I have sold all but one my badger brushes(I had best, super, two band and Manchurian badger brushes from Simpson and other leading brands).
The way these modern synthetics whips a lather is incredible whether using soap or cream.
Highly recommended.

I have a Plisson pour L'Occitane a and Razorock Pliissoft synthetic. I only use the Plissoft. I have bought some cheap Chinese synthetics but only out of curiosity.

After trying Semogue board brush and a poor quality silvertip badger brush that cost £50 about a year ago, I went through a phase of using mainly synthetic brushes, RazoRock and Stirlings. I like every aspect about them except, the most important to me, face feel.
After reading the beginning of this thread I wanted to give a new chance to one of the synthetics I stll have. I'm afraid the feel I get on my face from a synthetic brush when scrubbing is something I don't particularly enjoy.
So, at least for now, badger brushes are my preferred choice.

brush.jpg

I bought a bunch of these off eBay. They were billed as "New Beauty Soft Confortable(sic) Straight Shaving Brush Plastic Handle GS103". I got 3 for $10. They work great! Lost a few hairs, but fluffs up a nice lather. I think some guys make this into too much of a fetish. You can get a great shave with a cheap brush, a cheap razor and pears glycerine soap.

Back
Top Bottom