Synthetic versus Simpsons

I really don't see a problem with it as is. I just use a bit of an angle to get it to splay, and it is pretty perfect, IMO. I mean of course it is a YMMV. A couple of mm more loft would be fine, but not necessary for me. It is a synthetic that actually has scrub. As in real scrub.

Reactions: Len
I find that no synthetic brushes can do better than the RazoRock brushes. And, the price is a no brainer. At least try one of those before moving on. So cheap and such a bargain. My long time friend bought the largest version of the RazoRock synthetic brush at my description and told me once again it proves to him that paying a lot doesn't mean much because his $100 shaving brush he doesn't use any more. Quoting him: :It proves you don't get what you pay for most of the time".

I bought the Razorock Monster brush from one of the members here and it was very good until I damaget it with a scuttle too hot. I then bought a Sterling Kong that looked the same and I can't tell the difference with the Razorock. I liked it so much that I bought a spare brush.

The Stirling 26/54 has a better balance I think, more backbone.

I have, like the OP, a Simpson Colonel XL2. It's the smallest brush I've got but that little thing is a lather making machine, my favourite for building lather.
BTW, I have not tried a synthetic brush that feels like a boar brush and I doubt there is one.

For total softness I have to pick my TSR LE 2016 Shavemac badger brush. There is a substantial difference with the Colonel XL2 in softness, not even the synthetics are as soft as a top quality badger brush.

Back
Top Bottom