Tabac VS MWF?

Tabac is really easy to lather. No need for pressure and you can have all the lather you need under 10 seconds.
Tabac starts to lather as soon as it spots a brush.

On a serious note; it pays off to spend more time on creating your Tabac lather, while you keep adding water. Tabac does not get runny easily, and more water means more slickness (with Tabac).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Of the two, I have only ever used the Mitchell's and love it. Living in a softer waster area probably helps with the lather building because I have never found that a problem were I know others have.

Having the scent described as a granny's knicker drawer made me laugh though because I always considered it to be an understated scent which was part of its appeal to me but I NOW can see where the comparison is coming from, I hasten to add that I wouldn't never consider rummaging around in old ladies' drawers and it is putting me off .
What I find funny though is that somebody gave me a sample of the Tabac cream once and found the scent very pungent and to be honest that put me off ever taking the plunge and shaving with it. The scent just put me in mind of a "Swiss Tony" type batchelor uncle doused in aftershave who thinks he still got it with the ladies despite having a comb-over, bad breath and an unshakable belief that jiving is cool.That said, so many on here saying good things about Tabac I am wondering if I was being too harsh and can overcome my prejudices

That is good to know Count because it is the only thing that has stopped me from giving it a try
I bought it, tried it found that my eyes watering made it hard to shave and left it in the back of the cupboard for a month. When I dared to have another go it was well worth the wait, lovely stuff. Speaking of eye watering but good I got my tub of Arko out again this morning the difference in cushion and slickness was immediately apparent compared to the La Toja cream I've been using.

Back
Top Bottom