Take Two Razors into the Shower??? Well actually, yes..

A while ago I had an iKon OSS.
We didnt get on. It wasnt a happy marriage. It never felt right in my hand, the angle of attack felt too steep and the shaves were very inconsistent. Some say I should have persevered, I should have made it work... But I didnt and we went our separate ways.

These days I find a threesome much better company, rather than one schizoid razor I like two similar but different ones to keep me company.

So the day starts with a 7 O'Clock long comb new style head mated with the UFO Godzilla, she goes with the grain and can if not respected, bite. Then I toss her aside after I have used her and grab the Heavy Tech mated to the JEC copper bulldog. She rubs against the grain but finishes me off to my satisfaction.

Smooth, easy, pleasant. Two ladies with the same profile but very different mannerisms.

Im only glad that I have a two pass not a three pass shave...

Anyone else as undecided as me as to which razor to use?

I can follow your reasoning, Father Ted.

I've thought about the dual role of the Ikon OSS.. still tempted, to be quite honest. But nothing wrong in having a few razors and using the right one for the job. I just use one for the whole shave... but using my Tech for the final pass might be a good idea. We live and learn

There's a shaving expert called Bruce.

He used to post on here and suggested doing exactly the same thing.

Some posters thought he was bonkers.

This just goes to show how visionary he was.

Yes every day, the wife now thinks I've lost my marbles,standing with the razor draw open talking to my self about the pros and cons of each razor.

In fact I think I'm turning into father jack :dodgy: I think judging buy the guide book of hands I'm only a stage 2 Feck feck drink drink

I've started with a R41 and finished off with a Jagger when I was less confident with the big Muhle, for the same reasons as you I think. I must have had a moment of clarity at some point though as I now can't face the faff. Whatever starts the job has to finish.

I often do two passess with an aggressive razor and finish with my Super Adjustable set to 1. I guess I could just set the Super to 9 for the first passes, but where's the fun in that?

My wife also thinks I've lost the plot when it comes to shaving.

I can see the sense in that. Might have a go WTG with the #77 and try the tubby Tech for ATG. Glad you seem to be enjoying that 7 o'clock, Marty. :D

joe mcclaine said:
There's a shaving expert called Bruce.

He used to post on here and suggested doing exactly the same thing.

Some posters thought he was bonkers.

This just goes to show how visionary he was.

I recall reading Bruce on Shaving and said to use different razors for different passes.

Personally, I can't be bothered with the messing around and just use one razor for all passes.

Back
Top Bottom