Taylor of Old Bond Street Avocado Shaving Cream

My apologies - I'll edit my review and add that in. This cream performed really well for me - no complaints at all. And I definitely had high expectations since it's TOBS.

I haven't tried it yet, and there are a few other TOBS creams that I've yet to try and will come before the avocado.

I actually like avocados but the TOBS doesn't smell remotely like an avocado - to me it's a light, watery cucumber sort of smell. Imagine sticking your nose in a salad bowl and inhaling. I was initially very disappointed when mine arrived but I was absolutely blown away by the performance. It's the slickest and most cushioning out of all the TOBS I've tried.

It's smelling very similar to the BS Maca root, can't say It felt any different to other TOBS performance wise.
Good stuff TOBS, try the peppermint, it's a nice hot weather cream.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't want to sound like a TOBS shill, but I haven't found any of their creams to be short of excellent.
Shill or not, I'll extol the virtues of TOBS creams all day. I've been shaving for +50 years and I always come back to TOBS. This morning I used their Lavender cream and what a great shave I had with it. The scent is great, the cushioning is second to none and it left my skin feeling smooth and relaxed. Whenever I'm in central London I always make sure to call into their shop on Jermyn Street, whether to load up on shaving cream and/or aftershave or to just plain browse; it's a very welcoming place.

TOBS are great creams, but their ingredients list as with most creams, leaves a lot to be desired. Avocado is definitely the best performer from their range IMO. I don't think it smells anything like BS Macca Root, much more aqua/cucumber/cool (not cologne) type smell to it. Macca Root is warmer to my nose.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The Avacado isn't really a scent... its just the geraniol coming through. I get very similar initial hit of geraniol when I sniff pinaud clubman.

its better then tobs almond, but it still lacks something that my face needs. Its like shaving with a semi solid barbasol foam. It has SOME lubrication for the blade, but not enough to make it smooth or slippery. Just adequate. and the after shave feel is like what the typical over the counter facial/makeup cleaning bar gives.

Back
Top Bottom