Tech

Ball End Tech.

The Pre War triangle slot Tech is quite thin on the ground in the UK, I finally got hold of one not too long ago. Mine (compared to my other Techs) is actually quite efficient in the shave!
I was lucky to find one in the UK, I have used it twice both times with a GSB, Palmolive cream and Nivea balm.

It feels like it could bite if not careful, the sound from it is like scraping a knife over burnt toast.

I have done 3 pass shaves but to be honest I think 2 passes could be enough, ATG could be dropped.

I have a little irritation but nothing serious, I have got to use less pressure, no cuts or weepers though.

The shave is super close all over my face and neck, my neck has been a problem area when using other razors.

I think this is the right razor for me, very efficient and its got history, I like using vintage razors over modern ones.

Now I need another one for a spare / travel razor.

Last edited:
I need to post this here.

Everyone has a favorite Tech, and they all claim some reason why that one is better than the others. In a blindfold test using the same handle I doubt they could tell which one they shaved with. And always remember, someone else's "perfect razor" might not be yours. Just shave and be happy, unless your face has a complaint.

I need to post this here.

Everyone has a favorite Tech, and they all claim some reason why that one is better than the others. In a blindfold test using the same handle I doubt they could tell which one they shaved with. And always remember, someone else's "perfect razor" might not be yours. Just shave and be happy, unless your face has a complaint.

Thank you for replying to my message, your reply posted here, I appreciate there will be differences of opinion about the best or most efficient Tech.
My question was, I am pretty sure you posted about the differences in grooves along the safety bar.

For the life of me I can't find it.

Were the extra grooved ones from certain years and do they make any difference.

Thank you for replying to my message, your reply posted here, I appreciate there will be differences of opinion about the best or most efficient Tech.
My question was, I am pretty sure you posted about the differences in grooves along the safety bar.

For the life of me I can't find it.

Were the extra grooved ones from certain years and do they make any difference.
That wasn't me who posted about the grooves, I think they're all pretty groovy. :cool:

I would also wager that the Tech is probably the razor with the most investment in research and development AND the most field-tested in existence, having shaved millions of faces over thousands of days over several decades. Consistency in performance is quite evident from the earliest to the latest.
Is there a source for the bit about the Tech R&D and being most field-tested?

I realise there are variants of the Tech and they have been made for about 85 years now.
With their focus being on cart sales since 1970s, sale numbers would have waned.

Does anyone have any numbers for currently manufactured Techs?
I tried searching, but found nothing really useful.

After much faffin' around I have found a combination that gives me a great shave.

1938 - 1945 Triangular slot head and Maggard MR1 handle.

Overall length 88mm
Overall weight 80grms
Handle weight 50grms
Handle diameter 11.2mm

Attachments

• 1000012950.jpg
    1000012950.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 1000012947.jpg
    1000012947.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 1000012945.jpg