Thank you God bless

A total and utter sad state of affairs.

Considering jumping myself, but will stay around to push the issue before I do... both Nishy and I have been the victims of more 'power crazed' moderation within the past hour.

There's a mad-man behind the wheel. Someone needs to check the bottle and read the instructions properly next time they fall out of bed on the wrong side.

Jesus... Jack Torrance has just struck again... moderated here too, time to start taking screenshots. Damage limitation has begun already.

Nishy respectfully questioned this morning whether anyone was moderating the moderators... and that question ended up in the Bermuda Triangle.

When you have two of the most honest, decent, friendly, helpful and respected members of the forum walking within a couple of days... someone needs to take a serious, serious reality check.

I seem to have missed what ever the hecks been going on, but @Nishy if you really are to be leaving then that is a damn shame.

Was looking forward to discussing some more mad group buys in the future..... you never know.... never say never and all that.

Whatever transpires good luck my friend!!!

Matt

I'm yet to see anything that the "power crazed" moderators have done that is out of character. What I do see though are a lot of people who seem to have decided to interpret the (very few) rules as not applying to them and constantly posting the same (or similar) content as that removed.

As Einstein apocryphally said - Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Personally I've got far more important things going on in my life than this.

I'm relatively new here so perhaps this is my I'm a bit in the dark about what is going on with moderation and people leaving. Although I have experienced it on other forums (mainly watch forums) and seen it kill the spirit of a place pretty quickly.

It was UKRob the other day and now Nishy, both great members whose posts I find informative and useful. Sorry to hear that your going Nishy and I wish you all the best. Thanks also for putting together all the group buys in your time here, I was lucky to get an Obsidian.

If any of you guys are setting up or going to another UK forum please PM me the details ...or even if someone would like to PM me just to let me know what exactly has been going on.

Carl I don't know if I'm mis-informed but why is it that certain comments made by moderators are not vetoed in the same manner?
That is in general threads. Members are controlled.

This one? As we have always said, if a poster has concerns about the moderation team - report the post, @Boab & I can still see that a report was made (and closed and by whom) if you didn't get a satisfactory reply.

So the answer to who controls the moderators? The Administrators.
Who controls the Administrators - ultimately Boab.

Constantly moaning about deleted posts by reposting with same/similar content and then moaning that the off-topic post was removed by creating a further off-topic post is absolutely not the way to go.

If you don't like that, please feel free to take it up directly with Boab but posting constant off-topic posts is not the way to endear anyone to anyone else.

PS. The reason members are being "controlled" is because a vanishingly small minority have proven themselves incapable of a modicum of self-control.

I'm yet to see anything that the "power crazed" moderators have done that is out of character. What I do see though are a lot of people who seem to have decided to interpret the (very few) rules as not applying to them and constantly posting the same (or similar) content as that removed.

As Einstein apocryphally said - Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Personally I've got far more important things going on in my life than this.
Hi Hunnymonster sorry if I caused issues. If you need I can list the events/comments that were made by moderators and which are also derogatory and obtuse. I can send you these this evening.

Like yourself I am very busy and a hobby needn't be stressful nor am I stirring a pot as Carl mentioned on PM. It seems that is the easy answer. Anyway if this is to just fall upon deaf ears could you please kindly remove my membership from the forum, and save us both a headache. Cheers.

And what was wrong with my MEXIT comment? It was said in jest, no personal insults or remarks... a fun way of summing up some of the feelings and sentiment about the forum in recent times. What rule did that break?

What happened to the 'pinch of salt' that the rules also mention?

Why are comments like "you fucking benders" expected to be taken with a 'pinch of salt' but my comment could not be?

Based on events in the past few days there is an ongoing issue, it's being suggested people are breaking rules but there's no evidence of any rule breaks. And if the people tasked with administering the site have more important things to do, why bother be an administrator in the first place? I accept we all have a life to get on with, but this dismissive tone... I don't get it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom