The Ashes

I'm tired of hearing about how poor this Australian side is.

I'd rather focus on how many world class English players have delivered outstanding performances during this series. And they are at it again today.

And my old kettle's playing a blinder.

A lead of 200+ at the close, with a bit more batting to come. And a wicket that's taking spin. If Beer can get some movement from it, Swanny should be able to turn it through right angles.

All credit to Alistair Cook, who has been superb throughout. And a well-deserved ton for Ian Bell, who has been a joy to watch. What's been particularly gratifying about England's performance is that when one or two batsmen have got out cheaply, others have scored big runs.

Unlike Fido, I don't tire of hearing how poor this Australian side is. Yes, this is an excellent England side, although I think that the selectors missed the opportunity to let Eoin Morgan inflict further punishment on Australia's pedestrian bowling "attack". One feels that there will be Australian heads rolling in all directions after the post-series inquest. Ah well. For many years, Australia have been able to field teams filled with genuine superstars. But they've all gone now. They have one or two players with genuine class (Mike Hussey and ......... erm .......... Mike Hussey. And possibly Brad Haddin). But the rest of them have been made to look very ordinary.

Another early start tomorrow morning ;)

Regards

Ian

The last rites.

I don't think I've missed following England's Test Matches since the early 50s. As a budding off spin bowler I was delighted to watch Jim Laker take his 10 wickets in '56.

But this series will take some beating. Not because it has been particularly exciting. But when did we last see such domination of another side by an England team with so many players delivering high class performances?

And I hope the review system is used for all Tests in future. It's not perfect as the Bell incident showed yesterday. But it is so much better now that howlers can be reversed. And there would have been a few.

Looking forward to tonight :D

My fishing buddy, who is a keen cricket fan, is in Australia @ the moment, he's been there since before christmas, he's having the time of his life :!:

Oh yes! 2 more wickets and we've done it.

I've been fortunate to witness some great sportsmen and sporting moments. Federer, Liverpool's CL win, Tiger Woods, Usain Bolt, England Rugby WC in Oz and so on...Now an Ashes win down under for our boys.

Absolutely smashing!

sent from my v old phone.

Back
Top Bottom