the back up razor

What is the general consensus upon the back up razor? I have seen it mentioned on some forums as a good preventive idea, nothing like having a razor get lost in the mail, or go bad because the wifey smashed it on the bathroom floor when she ran out of hooch.

If cost is not an issue, I don't see why not. We usually have backups of soaps and blades we really like. If there's a good deal, I wouldn't mind an extra Wolfman, Rockwell and BBS-1 in my closet.

im trying to get a backup winged super speed, but they are so hard to find these days. and when you do its a mandatory replate.

My DD straight will eventually become my back up & holiday razor once I get a couple more over time.I have a couple of 5/8 as a last resort but I don't like using them.

I don't have a backup anything else in life (some which are far more important). I don't see the point of a backup razor especially when I have a collection of razors then if say my R41 breaks I can still shave.

If I can't shave with a R41 this morning because it bust then when I can afford or am able I'll replace it. I'd be far more annoyed with myself in spending any amount of cash on a second identical R41 which just sits in a glass box with "Break Glass in Case of Emergency"

The idea of a back up razor for me is one that you would take on holiday with you.If for some reason it got lost at the airport for example then your favourite one(s) would be safe at home.There's no way I would take my favourite razor & strop abroad just incase they got lost.I won't risk that.

The idea of a back up razor for me is one that you would take on holiday with you.If for some reason it got lost at the airport for example then your favourite one(s) would be safe at home.There's no way I would take my favourite razor & strop abroad just incase they got lost.I won't risk that.
Which is fair enough but (and I might be mistaken) but I read the OP as having a duplicate backup.

I think it's fair to say that all of us in this forum probably have more than 1 single razor. So in that effect we all have multiple backup razors. My fav is the R41 so if I went on holiday I'd take the EJ89, if not my fav but it'll give a decent shave for the 7 days I'm on my jollies.

What I read is "I love my R41 so I'll go buy another just in case it's lost or broken". If that isn't the intention of the OP then it's a pointless question asking a group of self confessed razor-holics if they have more than 1 razor!

Which is fair enough but (and I might be mistaken) but I read the OP as having a duplicate backup.

I think it's fair to say that all of us in this forum probably have more than 1 single razor. So in that effect we all have multiple backup razors. My fav is the R41 so if I went on holiday I'd take the EJ89, if not my fav but it'll give a decent shave for the 7 days I'm on my jollies.

What I read is "I love my R41 so I'll go buy another just in case it's lost or broken". If that isn't the intention of the OP then it's a pointless question asking a group of self confessed razor-holics if they have more than 1 razor!
To be honest I wouldn't want a replica of any of my razors.Just the one is enough.

im trying to get a backup winged super speed, but they are so hard to find these days. and when you do its a mandatory replate.

Yes they are hard to find, but you just have to diligently peruse and one will pop up. It took me about 6 months to find one and luckily it was in the early card board case in really good condition.

my number 1 razor is a GBS bakelite model from 1944. i have three of them, you never know what might happen and they are the only three i have ever seen for sale. scratch that, only two were for sale, the first one was a freebie with some other stuff. i will buy another as well if i see one!! backups are a must, especially with old kit that works well.

I always secure backups of my favorite razors. I'm down to two razors pretty much exclusively (unless my polished Blackbird OC joins the elite group when it arrives), and have enough backups that I travel with one of them. If I lose it, I won't miss a beat. Since only a finite number of shaves remain, I want every one to be superb.

acf02e3b5438f01097a61f615e3cbbe5.jpg

a winged super speed normally gets priced as if Gillette himself was the sole user of it.

Winged aristocrats are a lot easier to find, but affordable price means "beat to hell and back and looks twice as bad"

Back
Top Bottom