The Family Tree Rod Neep Set

jds

Here are my three Rod Neep brushes I have had made over the last 18 months. I call them the family tree I had one made for me (with birth year coin), one for my Father (with birth year coin) and one made to mark the arrival of my son (also with birth year coin).

From left to right they are:

1. Elm Burl barrel with 1940 Penny Farthing
2. Tortoiseshell 1967 Threepenny Bit
3. Traditional Shape Box Wood with 2013 Pound coin.

I intended to give Dad's one to him as a birthday present, but he died before his birthday so I now cherish it. Lovely brushes all.

FamilyTreeBrushSet_zps8ea2ec43.jpg

All the best,

Jon

UKRob said:
All lovely brushes Jon - I particularly like the diagonal work on the centre brush. I've noticed this in a few of Rods brushes.

I think that this was the first time Rod did this as he felt the acetate had a little translucency and that the base of the knot was visible in silhouette. They are all great brushes and I love having them in my den. The Box wood is remarkably heavy for its size. All the knots are wonderful and never fail to produce a great lather.

Wha burst the ba said:
A very nice set indeed. Nice touch with the 3 birth year generations.

I think your son is the luckiest (2013).

ATB.

I do love that brush - simple and elegant. The only thing that detracts is that the date is on the Head side of the coin, which means it is not visible as I felt the Rose & Acorn was the nicer facet to display.

Jon

Rufus said:
I like the look of his work and the materials he uses for handles, but he discloses very little information about his knots. Can anyone shed some light?

I disclose very little information about the *sources* of the knots used.
Except that they come direct from China :)
Other information... then feel free to ask!

xst-v2.jpg

Extra Dense Silvertip badger in various sizes
xst-v2a.jpg

h01-800.jpg

Super Silvertip and 2 Band Manchurian

Rod

Back
Top Bottom