The 'Fergiebilly' Shim

I tried it in the French Louis and it worked fine. I don't think that particular razor really needs a shim, personally, but the shim fit with no problems.

I've changed my mind about increasing the size of the post, but I think additional posts to fit in the notches at the sides of the GEM blade would be an improvement.

1. riverrun
2. grarea
3. Nisse
4. Looney12345

Sure, just been really busy and frankly forgot :) Getting old. I was hoping to get my mate to modify the design slightly, but perhaps I'll just print a few and send them out.

Wish I'd found this 6 months ago! I always thought the original instructions must have been right about the angle, and wondered why it didn't work. Looking at my 3 old "British Made Star" blades (came with SE purchases), I can see how much thicker the spine is, and the blade heavier all round. I'll - eventually - need to get some chrome ox and balsa to strop 'em. Cheers @Fergiebilly They won't be needed in Micromatic types, but what about the Featherweights..?

Wish I'd found this 6 months ago! I always thought the original instructions must have been right about the angle, and wondered why it didn't work. Looking at my 3 old "British Made Star" blades (came with SE purchases), I can see how much thicker the spine is, and the blade heavier all round. I'll - eventually - need to get some chrome ox and balsa to strop 'em. Cheers @Fergiebilly They won't be needed in Micromatic types, but what about the Featherweights..?
The Later Gem Models..o_O
DSC_0240_zpsdlf7tcag.jpg

The Micromatic Family Trio & the Gem G Bar & Gem Featherweight..These were all designed to take a Current Gem Blade and the Gem Push Button or Gem Contour as Well..Not Shown here..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom