The forgiving blade

Carl NTS, did you register what geezer said - "but if you need a ......... and it's very important to have service then perhaps not for that individual anyhow." That seems to slip into GiffGaff conversations a lot.

I just bought 1 GB PAYG SIM and a newer, faster dongle from 3 - but the 1 GB cost £10 a month and you must top-up within six months (or you would have to get another free SIM). That SIm gets me 3G speed whilst GiffGaff gives me GPRS speed - and drops to zero frequently.

Anyway, enough from me - you can tell I'm pissed at them. Anyone could think I'm trying to put you off! I've asked for a refund.

I read that, Bechet. Thanks. I've been on uswitch.com and 3 are doing some good deals; 600 mins, 3000 texts and 1GB internet for £12/month, or the same but unlimited data for £20/month. T-Mobile also has unlimited texts, data and even minutes for £21/month! So GiffGaff is dropping off my radar now but not quite eliminated yet. I appreciate everything everyone's said about them.

PMed you the modified blade spreadsheet and hope the amended permissions thing works for you. You can update it with your findings if you wish.

Dodgy, while you were away we all secretly agreed to start derailing all your threads. Only those who are classed as super-enablers get this special kind of treatment. Consider yourself honoured.
No, no need to thank me.

dodgy said:
The hell's goin on here?

Man, I go on a couple days cocaine and Everclear bender and come back to find this! Phones? We're now talking about phones?

Martin

Heh, just kidding around. I'm fine with whatever comes up here. Besides, I shouldn't get excited in my fragile condition.

Fragile condition? You pregnant?

49er said:
I shouldn't get excited in my fragile condition.

Fragile condition? You pregnant?
[/quote]

Well, my brain did give birth to a massive and persistent headache. Does that count?

I believe the Everclear must be stronger now, than when I was younger. Yes, I'm sure that's it.

Mobile phones - anyone would think this wasn't a shaving forum! ;)

Bechet - you and a fair few have been miffed at giffgaff to be fair and rightly so but please quote the full statement as what you posted isn't 100% what I said "...As I have said before, it's not for everyone but if you need a call centre and it's very important to have service then perhaps not for that individual anyhow....". I would not rely on a mobile service if I needed comms and if I did would have another provider to do so as even the best network has outages - just look at Blackberry and O2 outage more recently. Giffgaff aren't a major provider (just about 3 years now) and unfortunately, have had a few problems which I think came about because they grew too fast without the proper infrastructure/systems in place.

I do think the community forum for all to see (good and bad) is also easier to see problems with giffgaff compared to call-centre only providers as their dirty laundry if you like wouldn't be there for all to see.

Worth looking around of course and 3 have offered some good deals but check coverage as they rely on 3G signal as you're probably aware. The slight advantage with giffgaff is payback which can fund your monthly calls for a little time and as it's PAYG if you don't like, don't use. If you want a contract phone then the playing field becomes a bit more level but weigh up pros/cons and see how it goes.

Still worth a try with nothing to lose except a little sanity ;)

The last thing to remember is it's only a phone! :)

Back
Top Bottom