The great razor rip off: Prices of blades soar by up to 99% in just three years Read

I know it's the mail, but maybe a wake up call......Doubt it mind you!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2136440/The-great-razor-rip-Prices-blades-soar-99-just-years.html

rangers62 said:
I know it's the mail, but maybe a wake up call......Doubt it mind you!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2136440/The-great-razor-rip-Prices-blades-soar-99-just-years.html

Gillette shot them selves in the foot a few years back with the comment
" For just 97p per day you get a great shave" so went the tv add, makes me wounder how meny people are getting pissed off with cartage razors, wondering if there is an alliterative, but people are ignorant since Thay cannot think of any thing but the high street, and let's face it that's pritty much fixed now to the biggest ripoff of all time. I hope people start to think for themselves and discover the interweb," my god look its a DE RAZOR! WTF!!!!

I took a DE razor, blades, cream and a brush for someone to try at work. They fancied going back as they used to shave DE stylee!

The 'young yins' on shift were mystified at them! :icon_rolleyes:

rangers62 said:
I took a DE razor, blades, cream and a brush for someone to try at work. They fancied going back as they used to shave DE stylee!

The 'young yins' on shift were mystified at them! :icon_rolleyes:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: you know that doesn't suprise me at all, that just shows you how cartrage razors have dominated the high street, I have to say when my 60 year old slim arrived,the wife went WTF is that, but as time went by, and my razor collection grew, so did her understanding, and yes she shaved with my flair tip and was amazed at how comfy it was ( back off bitch ) :icon_lol:

In my experience cartridges are comparable to Feather blades on a 'cost per shave' basis. That's before you add in the price of the razor itself.

Not all cartridge users are jelly-headed pillocks, you know?

joe mcclaine said:
In my experience cartridges are comparable to Feather blades on a 'cost per shave' basis. That's before you add in the price of the razor itself.

Not all cartridge users are jelly-headed pillocks, you know?

No, but those who moan about the cost but won't try DE shaving are.

If people choose to carry on paying over inflated prices for cartridges that's up to them. But most people these days know how to use a PC and surf the internet, then they should be able to research alternative methods to shave. We all know here how much can be saved by using DE's etc, I'm sure once they discover this then possibly more people will look to change. That's apart from the question that the performance is equally as good if not better using DE's, straights etc.

Remember, for most men, shaving is nothing more than a quick (and simple) step in their morning ablutions ... assuming they can be arsed at all. They don't want to elevate it to the same level as the Japanese Tea Ceremony or enter a state of 'Zen' or turn it into 'Pamper'-time (Manper?).

It's hair down the plug 'ole. Easy.

joe mcclaine said:
Remember, for most men, shaving is nothing more than a quick (and simple) step in their morning ablutions ... assuming they can be arsed at all. They don't want to elevate it to the same level as the Japanese Tea Ceremony or enter a state of 'Zen' or turn it into 'Pamper'-time (Manper?).

That's a good point. A lot of people will want to devote as little time to shaving as possible hence the popularity of cartridges and electric razors.

joe mcclaine said:

When that's the case, I use a cheap, battery-powered electric shave. My philosophy is that I can attain a reasonably tidy appearance in a short space of time with it without much discomfort. Of course, it's far from a pleasurable or rewarding experience, and it doesn't get particularly close, but it's acceptable for when I can't spare the time for a proper shave. As far as I'm concerned, it's vastly better than cartridges and canned gunk as it's not trying to be a wet shave, so doesn't suffer in comparison to brush, soap/cream, face soap, Proraso Pre/Post, DE razor plus a blade that suits my face, and either Prof Blighty's AS or Steve's Bay Rum to finish.

I guess that makes my 100 Feather Pro blades for £54 posted good value to go with my Cobra complete with 18 blades from IanM. I shave every other day 1 blade gives 7 superb shaves so 2 blades 28 days so round that up to 3 blades a Month and my 100 blades will last me over 3 years shaving with the extra 18 blades supplied by Ian.
For me it is a no brainer you can keep your cartridges. :icon_razz::icon_razz:
Regards,
Pete

ps I am aware the razor was in the high price bracket but with ought a doubt is, a far nicer way to shave

Back
Top Bottom