The H&S Adjustable DE razor - "The Valiant"

precision machining doesn't need to be expensive at all.
I am assuming this comment refers to post 8 in this thread, in which case it falls significantly out of sequence. If you are replying to a post far back in the thread, please quote it in replies in order to ensure your post is not removed as irrelevant. Thank you.

I think you would find that most of the people who have turned out successful machined razors would disagree with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greetings
I agree with Pickled Northern, there are tolerance problems with even the simplest of razors from the third world, an example is my OC Pearl, it needs an Edwin Jagger top cap to true up the blade exposure and make both sides equal. In engineering terms a 'Janet and John' razor compared with an adjustable where multiple parts need to marry up true and do so throughout the range of the adjustment.

Regards
Dick.

Gillette created the fat aristocrat tto razor as a nightmare of stamped brass. I have seen it quoted as being a 300$ razor if it was made today, on the same presses with the same tooling, and the same methods and steps in production.

There is a phrase in design that roughly translates to :

"the smart designer designs the part as it needs to be with the knowledge that a tweak here and there, to actually be in line with manufacturing ability is making something affordable."

Which in laymans terms means, that if two parts need to be bolted together, the designer simply goes and selects an off the shelf bolt that meets strength requirements for the part instead of designing a specialty bolt. manufacturing efficiency.

Back
Top Bottom