The May Raffle

The May Raffle will shortly be open but before I put the numbers up, I'd like to explain the new way raffles are going to run.

A great suggestion given to me by a member achieves three things: 1. It makes the draw open and beyond reproach for honesty. 2. It enables me to take part in the raffles. 3. It saves me some work. We are going to use the National Lottery to choose our winner. The Bonus Ball will give us our winning number.

By opening raffles on Saturdays, we give working members a better chance to select the numbers they would like and it gives everybody an entire week to select their tickets and pay for them in time for the National Lottery draw the following Saturday. If we have not completed in time for the draw, we have to wait a week for the next Lottery – an incentive for everybody to act quickly.

OK then – here we go ...

For the May Raffle we have a Revisor razor with the winner's choice of scales. See http://www.revisor-solingen.de/index.php/en/razors/revisor/8-8 for the full deal – we are raffling the 8001 blade and the scales are to be seen beneath. Would the winner PM me asap with his choice of scales, please, so I can place the order – and letting me know the address to which the razor should be sent.

This is an 8/8 blade which, I am assured by our forum straight experts, is suitable for beginners and the experienced alike.

Not only but also, KrytonsJaw, who is Westholme Strops, has donated a beginners' latigo strop! The winner should PM him stating his preference for a black strop or a brown, and his address, of course.

The winner has two PMs to send asap, please.

This is the blade

And this is one choice of scales

Back
Top Bottom