The Month of Movember is upon us!

Hmmm... seems to be coming on well (although this photo makes it look somewhat uneven!). Had a few people suggest that I go for the Hitler look. Maybe if sponsorship is generous enough I'll consider it ¬_¬ Although, I may call it the "Chaplin" look instead ;)

Adam-16112011.jpg

Oh yeah - one thing I forgot to say is that it's getting a bit "dangerous" now... My OH is starting to suggest that I keep the furry caterpillar growing on my upper lip! :O

Just saw this on the net; may be of help to those new to facial hair....

WILD MAN BEARD CONDITIONER
Is your Movember 'stache — and any accompanying growth — getting a bit unruly? Spread a couple drops of Wild Man Beard Conditioner ($13) around your hairy mug. A special blend of sweet almond oil, Vitamin E, and Essential Oils of rosemary, lavender, cedar, and lime, it'll prevent blemishes, keep your growth feeling soft, and give your face a subtle yet manly scent.

Interesting combination!

I like Yardley Lavender Pomade myself.

But, for the ultimate hold when I want that 'Squadron Leader' or 'Britain's most violent prisoner' look I use BOUNDERS moustcahe wax. Made will real Navy rum ... so you know it's good.

[...] Although, I may call it the "Chaplin" look instead[...]

Ahhh, Chaplin. He had an interesting (er, shall we say) 'private life'...

Nice 'tache Hax. Personally, I'm going for the full lumberjack chic. Utter sloth!

Hax said:
Hmmm... seems to be coming on well (although this photo makes it look somewhat uneven!). Had a few people suggest that I go for the Hitler look. Maybe if sponsorship is generous enough I'll consider it ¬_¬ Although, I may call it the "Chaplin" look instead ;)

Adam-16112011.jpg

Oh yeah - one thing I forgot to say is that it's getting a bit "dangerous" now... My OH is starting to suggest that I keep the furry caterpillar growing on my upper lip! :O

Today's update...

It's almost as if my 'tache has stopped growing of it's own accord... The guys at work are questioning whether or not I've been "trimming" - I haven't - but I can understand why they may think that :s

Adam-21112011.jpg

chrisbell said:
Pig Cat said:
Oh balls, so you're not allowed to trim the damn thing?! I have been, otherwise I really would have looked completely ridiculous. Sorry!! :blush:

LOL - I think the message here is - read the fine print!:icon_razz:

Well even if I had there is no way I could let my 'tache just keep growing. It would be below my bottom lip by now. I suppose I'd have to get some wax and encourage the growth horizontally. :s

Yeah - you are allowed to trim - as far as I know anyway! :D Just no-one at work has been and a couple of them were a bit "miffed" that, considering my good initial burst of growth, I wasn't looking considerably more unkempt and bushy :D

Not long to go now chaps! Were on the final leg:)
I really do feel concious of people looking at me funny. I had to meet some rather attractive new clients yesterday. First thing out of my mouth was "Hi I am Jason and this moustache is not staying"!

Well this is how its looking.

I'm entering the last week of Movember, and although it's for a VERY good and worthy cause, I can't wait to get this damn thing off my face. It's not itching or anything, but this just allows me to forget about it, and the next time I pass a mirror I think "Oh God, it's still there!!".

Ian

day25.jpg

It's Friday, so I thought I'd make you all chuckle with this.

Not long to go before it meets it's maker. Well, the wash basin plughole anyway.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom