The Razor Spa

UKrob with all due respect, I disagree with your sentiment. He has admitted privately and publicly he has more pertinent issues ie; family and putting bacon on table thereof. I think maybe an adjustment of timeframe stated on the website, and an email every now and then would suffice.
I'm not knocking the man, just trying to point out that we are a forum of shaving enthusiasts - if you then start an enterprise and advertise for free on the forum, you should take the time to communicate. If that's not possible because of circumstances, then stop using the advert.

How extreme must one's circumstances become before they cannot send an email or put up a post on the forum just informing people that there are delays and/or issues?

Extremely ill (God forbid), stranded on a desert island, kidnapped by terrorists, in the Big Brother House even... I can understand that much. But too busy at work, that I just can't understand.

Still, damn sight quicker and with more response than, say, Razor Emporium.
Afraid I can't agree with this TBH, in my eyes this is exactly the same, at least two members were ready to drive to his home to find out what was happening with their property.
I have absolutely no concerns over the mans honesty, but to not answer emails and texts after setting up what in my eyes looks like a very professional web site is negligence.
As with Raz Emp you are putting your trust in someone you don't know, therefore a little anxiety is normal if you hear nothing and it's taking longer than predicted. Ignorance isn't bliss, it's the road to nowhere IMO!!
As to stopping his being able to advertise on his posts for free, these are seen as recommending the person involved, and if a member who uses his services because he believes the community endorses him and then suffers these problems, well you tell me if this is fair!

Does anyone on here have any of their razors currently at The Razor Spa?
When did they arrive there?
What is your Order Number?
When did you last get an email from them?

Mine's been there since 16th October.
Order Number 84.
Last contact 20th October.

Just trying to gauge where I am in the queue etc.

Starting to get a bit annoyed TBH...

I have 5 there at the moment, don't know my order number (didn't ask) or the date I sent them (can't remember, have the post note here somewhere), got a email last week that they will be finished very soon.

I've a couple still in from my second batch (I think this was his actual second batch, so order #2), maybe a year ago. I've had a couple of batches through since then (again, no order numbers but they will have been within the first 10) ... I'm not concerned.

I have 5 there at the moment, don't know my order number (didn't ask) or the date I sent them (can't remember, have the post note here somewhere), got a email last week that they will be finished very soon.
Thanks.
This makes me even more annoyed. It's not the time issue that's annoying me, it's the ignoring of emails and messages.

I've a couple still in from my second batch (I think this was his actual second batch, so order #2), maybe a year ago. I've had a couple of batches through since then (again, no order numbers but they will have been within the first 10) ... I'm not concerned.
You've had razors there for a year!!??

Sounds like either this person taken on more work than they can deal with, or is just genuinely rubbish at communication. An arm of my business is limited run hand made items, and there is a long waiting list, because I can only make batches of 14 at a time. I don't take payment til 14 are pretty much done and are at the laser printers to get the company name on. The idea of having thousands of pounds sent to my bank account before I'd done any work is tempting, in a way, but realistically it's a terrible way to do things because you end up with forum posts like this one.

AFAIK he is a freelance photographer, so can get sent away at short notice often to remote areas. Whilst not an excuse per se, it goes a little to explain the lack of communication.
He should set an emergency email up so he can "hit the red button" if he gets a shout!

AFAIK he is a freelance photographer, so can get sent away at short notice often to remote areas. Whilst not an excuse per se, it goes a little to explain the lack of communication.
He should set an emergency email up so he can "hit the red button" if he gets a shout!
He managed to send Snuff an email last week, so I'm not buying that excuse...

You send work to Razor Spa because you know he does a good job at reasonable prices and probably because you don't know where else to send your razor. You could also know that it will take time and you will not get replies to your impatient emails - but the work will be done and you will be told when it is nearly ready. You could also know that replating work comes behind family and photography. These are facts that are well known within the forum.

Anything else is about your issues with impatience and not about Razor Spa.

I have never sent work to Razor Spa and yet I know these things. I've never read anything but praise for his work once it is returned.

You send work to Razor Spa because you know he does a good job at reasonable prices and probably because you don't know where else to send your razor. You could also know that it will take time and you will not get replies to your impatient emails - but the work will be done and you will be told when it is nearly ready. You could also know that replating work comes behind family and photography. These are facts that are well known within the forum.

Anything else is about your issues with impatience and not about Razor Spa.

I have never sent work to Razor Spa and yet I know these things. I've never read anything but praise for his work once it is returned.
I did not know these things.
I know that the quality of work is high, as testified on here.
I did not know how long it would take and still don't know. This is what I am trying to find out. If the guy doesn't know how long it'll take, that's fine. All he has to do is write this in an email which would take all of 30 seconds. Is that really too much to ask? Am I being impatient? No. I'm in no hurry to get my razor back, which is stated above. But when someone has my property I'd like to be kept informed about it and not be completely ignored.
A simple 30 second email would have prevented all of this. Is that my fault? No.
And being relatively new to this forum I did not know about the historical issues that others have had with The Razor Spa.

I should have said, "one" and not, "you".

But to put your mind at rest - I hope - you are not being ignored. Your razor is in the queue and Simon will get to it. Nothing to say until it is ready or nearly ready.

As you are not being impatient, sounds like a trust issue. Simon may be trusted.

Back
Top Bottom