The rise and fall of my straight razor shaving

Fuck all that shit man. Buy a 500ml bottle of jojoba and a 500ml bottle of sweet almost oil. Cost about 6 quid each on amazon, I get from a company called naisence or something like that. Pour 1/3 of the jojoba into something else then top it back up with almont oil. After that I added around 50ish drops of cederwood and around 30-40 drops of tea tree. Shake and ur done. Will last you months and months. Ur about a fiver each for the essentials, so works out at less than 25 notes. Easy a years supply though and it smells and wirks great. Also it leaves u with a fair sized bottle of sweet almond oil which I find great on its own as a preshave. (I shave my head)
Sweet almond oil is great stuff - can also be substituted for grapeseed oil (can find it in Tesco for a few quid) and apricot kernel oil, though that's more expensive. Grapeseed oil is marginally more comedogenic (blocks pores) so not ideal if you've got naturally greasy skin. Argan oil I've also found to be great for direct skin use - can usually pick up ridiculously cheap at Wilko.

Also keep an eye out in Holland and Barrett, they'll often have offers for essential oils - 3 for 2 etc. :) I've used the Lemon Eucalyptus, Cedarwood and Peppermint oil and, although I'm not a huge fan of the Lemon Euc, it can make a decent smelling concoction with just those three. I think I'd swap it out for your run-of-the-mill lemon in future, however!

I have discovered that carrying oils in Sweden are expensive, jojoba for example starting at about 10 pounds for a 100 ml plastic bottle without dispenser, as for essential oil I am thinking of mixing cedarwood with some stuff called frankincense olibanum no idea of the scent but sounds sort of fancy.

Last edited:
It just dawned on me that it just takes so long to shave with my sr's and due to my lack of skill and how my hairs grow especially under my chin/jawline I just couldn't achieve a really close shave. I wasnt prepared to have average shaves when I have de's on the shelf that give effortless BBS shaves safely.
Try shavettes - especially Feather SS if budget permits.

Maybe I "need" a proper barbers tool to trim neckline and cheekline a Kai Captain R7 Shavette or a Feather SS or one of those cheap but hard to find Korean copies, anyway folding or non-folding, good question...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom