Think Ive found a new expensive interest..

Well after getting into the whole DE wet shaving thing a week or so ago, Im hooked on the whole thing!!

I love the DE shaving experience and the scents that accompany it, probably moreso the latter. My first scents were a Sandalwood cream by TOBS, I then quickly picked up some Erasmic sticks and a cream as well as some palmolive sticks as I heard they were good stuff.

Next was a trip to my local shopping centre and into John Lewis and Debenhams for a day of smelling :D I had seen Creed mentioned a lot on here so was on the lookout for that in particular, I spied the stand as soon as we arrived at the JL store :D All I can say is Ive fallen in love with Creed Green Irish Tweed, pretty sure Ive never smelled anything that comes close. It definitely smells like a 'quality scent' and after smelling it, can understand the difference. I think a lot of the designer stuff is pretty synthetic smelling in comparison and have fallen in love with the whole scent thing for sure.

I must have came back with 20-30 different scents on bits of card and there were many that I wanted. Money is pretty tight atm though so only came back with a Truefitt and Hill cream from boots which I was pretty impressed with.

There were many that I had hoped to find that I didnt see however, Azzaro Chrome and Azzaro pour Homme, Rochas, didnt see any Penhaglions which may be a good thing as I now know Ill be needing to shell out around £100 to GIT soon, falling in love with another top drawer perfumers scent wouldnt have been great for my pocket really!

All in all, Im really glad I have found these new interests and look forward to collecting more than any man would and could ever need in creams/soaps/colognes/aftershaves and EDTs :D

Cheers

Dan

GET SOME SPEICK AS!!!

I was donated a wee 4ml bottle by another forum member and it is fantastic stuff! I am waiting on my bottle turning up, pretty cheap but very nice indeed and even the wife likes it, yeehaaa.

daz said:
GET SOME SPEICK AS!!!

I was donated a wee 4ml bottle by another forum member and it is fantastic stuff! I am waiting on my bottle turning up, pretty cheap but very nice indeed and even the wife likes it, yeehaaa.

Lmao! Quality bud, Ill be sure to try some of that! Heard good things about it on here, thought it was more for the healing properties than the smell.

Sounds like some good stuff though chappy, will add it to my list. Feel free to donate any of the leftover from the bottle when your real bottle turns up btw! :D

Need to find a good place that does samples, Amouage stuff sounds as if it would be worth a sniff or 2! :D

The Speick EDT isn't too bad either, same herbal spicy citrus that's likable and a lot easier on the purse strings than say Creed but then what isn't.

Was it the Green Irish Tweed which was created for Cary Grant does anyone know ? I seem to recall reading that somewhere, but I'm not certain.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

JohnnyO said:
Was it the Green Irish Tweed which was created for Cary Grant does anyone know ? I seem to recall reading that somewhere, but I'm not certain.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Pretty sure Ive read that somewhere, if it wasnt him then it was someone similar so the answer is 'I think so' haha

Helveticum said:
antdad said:
a lot easier on the purse strings than say Creed but then what isn't.

Tom Ford private blend.. Those hurt :dodgy:

Interesting, I had a sniff of a 'normal' Tom Ford the other day and it was far too spicy for my liking, saw someone doing a split thing on one of his private blends though which tallies up with the fact that you're saying that its expensive.

On a seperate note, I just sprayed myself with some Usher and I couldnt believe it, it smells a bit like GIT! lol very similar infact, to my nose anyway. Still want the real thing though! :D

Don't fall for the "this Creed scent was made for ..." marketing hype.

Why not buy Davidoff's Cool Water for a fraction of the cost.

95% of the people you'll bump into wouldn't know the difference.

joe mcclaine said:

Are you saying that Cool Water smells like one of Creeds efforts or just that most people wouldnt know the difference as in they both smell nice to most people?

pugh-the-special-one said:
I dont think you would go far wrong with some of the L'Occitane scents, Eau Des Baux smells like cherry/vanilla tobacco, like a better imo version of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.

Jamie.

I was in there the other day and wasnt keen on Eau Des Baux tbh, cant remember which one it was that I quite liked. It was either Verdon or Vetyver, it was quite pleasant but didnt bowl me over really. GIT on the other hand did as did Santal, after a while my nose struggled to pick up Santal on my skin though for some reason, definitely not the case with GIT though, could still smell it faintly 24hrs+ later :D

1ntense said:
joe mcclaine said:

Are you saying that Cool Water smells like one of Creeds efforts or just that most people wouldnt know the difference as in they both smell nice to most people?

They are identical.

A few months ago i aquired 20 tins of Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa Deo Body Spray £20 odd a tin, and also a huge bottle of : CREED Original Cologne, Royal Exclusive that was snagged from a Haz Cargo Shipment destined for the Qatar Royal Family.

I made a £20.00 donation to charity for the lot, if i had looked earlier there were another 6 bottles of different Creed there that were snapped up by a colleague.

I Have lots of tins left and the Creed is just sitting in my cupboard as i just can't bring myself to use it at the price it sold for, it is no longer made and when it was produced it was $ 575 (£ 360) a bottle
emoticon_shocked.gif
!!!

I don't know about any other products by Creed but i cannot put into words how nice this smells and it looks totally stunning !! as it comes in a hand-blown Pochet glass bottle etched with CREED's family crest..............

Gonna wait until Konstantinos is next in London and flog it to him !!!

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/creed-original-cologne-new-royal.html

Original-Cologne-fiche-EN-1-315x400.jpg

joe mcclaine said:
1ntense said:
joe mcclaine said:

They are identical.

Sorry but I disagree, I have both sprayed onto cards from yesterday and they dont smell the same at all to me, GIT is so much nicer, not to mention much stronger on the card than Cool Water.

I honestly wouldnt compare the 2 personally and certainly wouldnt say that they are identical.

Maybe everyones noses are different but thats my take on it anyway.

RB73 said:
Joop Homme = Original Santal

They suffer with some atrocious variations with the same scent as well.

I can see where you're coming from with this one but Joop smells much sweeter and has more spicey notes to me. I really like Santal but for some reason it smells weak to my nose, Santal and Joop sprayed at the same til give or take an hour and Joop is smelling much stronger now, tbf the Santal is sprayed on a card and Joop on a piece of ribbon.

At the moment nothing comes close to GIT for me though, maybe Ive found my holy grail before Ive even got started on the whole scent thing! :D

Sunburyboy93 said:
A few months ago i aquired 20 tins of Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa Deo Body Spray £20 odd a tin, and also a huge bottle of : CREED Original Cologne, Royal Exclusive that was snagged from a Haz Cargo Shipment destined for the Qatar Royal Family.

I made a £20.00 donation to charity for the lot, if i had looked earlier there were another 6 bottles of different Creed there that were snapped up by a colleague.

I Have lots of tins left and the Creed is just sitting in my cupboard as i just can't bring myself to use it at the price it sold for, it is no longer made and when it was produced it was $ 575 (£ 360) a bottle
emoticon_shocked.gif
!!!

I don't know about any other products by Creed but i cannot put into words how nice this smells and it looks totally stunning !! as it comes in a hand-blown Pochet glass bottle etched with CREED's family crest..............

Gonna wait until Konstantinos is next in London and flog it to him !!!

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/creed-original-cologne-new-royal.html

Original-Cologne-fiche-EN-1-315x400.jpg

Pretty swanky looking bottle there.

Im sure you'll get a nice price for it from the right person, either that or keep it for another 10 years and hope that the value increases :)

OK, looks like you're convinced.

I would never buy anything based on how it smelled on paper though, when I will be wearing it on my skin.

Horses for courses and all that.

Back
Top Bottom