Thinking Of North East England

Without a doubt Alnwick , the capital of Northumbria home to a fine castle and the Alnwick gardens , handy for the countryside , the Scottish Borders and the beautiful Northumberland coastline with even more castles with the unmissable Bamburgh castle (I like castles) .
Seahouses is not far away with the Farne Islands a short boat trip away and Newcastle about 30 minutes drive away.
Any help needed give me shout
Regards
Derrick

The Geordie Shaver said:
Without a doubt Alnwick , the capital of Northumbria home to a fine castle and the Alnwick gardens , handy for the countryside , the Scottish Borders and the beautiful Northumberland coastline with even more castles with the unmissable Bamburgh castle (I like castles) .
Seahouses is not far away with the Farne Islands a short boat trip away and Newcastle about 30 minutes drive away.
Regards
Derrick

Thanks for the tips Derrick......yes we looked at a cottage in Seahouses but it is booked solid....glad to see we were on the right lines, Cheers Andy.

Northumberland is just magnificent, and I can only second what The Geordie Shaver has said. In truth you can hardly go wrong. A drive up Kielder forest way, over the border through Jedburgh, Kelso and Coldstream and thence to Berwick on a fine day is rewarding; way down South Hexham is as nice a place to mooch around as any medium sized market town I can think of.

newageshaver said:
The Geordie Shaver said:
Regards
Derrick

Thanks for the tips Derrick......yes we looked at a cottage in Seahouses but it is booked solid....glad to see we were on the right lines, Cheers Andy.

Try a cottage in Craster (Dunstanburgh Castle) or Rothbury (Cragside) or a surrounding hamlet. Alnwick is busy and a bit expensive (aka Hogwarts).

Back
Top Bottom