This Is Lovely

antdad said:
I would have thought you were only a twinkle in your fathers eye in the "sixties"?

I was a 'twinkle' until Jan 1971 yes! But one of the stock rooms at Nimmer had boxes of handles of these little bad boys piled up all over the place and those stock rooms were damn good play areas for me in my Clarks Commando shoes in the 70s. Grandad thought they would be a good seller.....

Perhaps, more like the bidder got cold feet after reading this thread. Come on own up.

The seller still thinks the brush has an art deco style which is cobblers but it sells well.

antdad said:
Perhaps, more like the bidder got cold feet after reading this thread. Come on own up.

The seller still thinks the brush has an art deco style which is cobblers but it sells well.

Yeah come on own up, you owe me a drink:D

dodgy said:
man of leisure said:
On reflection you are probably right just me getting my knickers in a twist :iRegards,
Pete

What's up, you old knicker twister,

Personally, I think it all depends on the situation when it comes to pointing out a live auction. Something like what the OP linked to is fine with me and fair game. Plus, it's fun seeing something so unusual and I appreciate the heads up. Yeah, with 20 bidders so far you know a LOT of people are already watching this thing.

Now if it'd something like a rare razor as part of a lot...a razor sorta hidden or poorly photographed that someone might be able to buy right...that's a different matter. Like if I was to post a link to a Red Ring Eclipse in just that situation now, with no bids so far.....I stand the chance of pissing someone off a bit. I know it would bug me if I was watching that auction as a possible buyer.

How's that sound?

Sounds spot on to this old knicker twister as well :icon_razz::icon_razz:
Regards,
Pete

Mind you I bet the seller now has his Knickers in a Twist !!!!

It's an interesting brush. I was drawn to the knot rather than the handle wondering how it had stayed so NEW looking since the Art Deco period? Guess it didn't.:)-(

Back
Top Bottom