This might be a daft question but....

...when using the Proraso pre-shave, do most people rinse it off before applying the cream/soap of choice or lather over it?

I use the white one and usually rinse it off but I'm wondering if that's what you're meant to do or whether it is meant to be left on for the maximum benefit!

It should be left on as a extra bit of lubricant. I pop it on (I use the green, wonderfully stuff) then lather over it. The Green is strongly Menthol, what is the white like aroma wise?
I like the green, but only underneath a menthol lather......

And the only daft question is the one that was not asked! ;-)

How are the Polsilver SI?

I leave it on.
I have both green and white... prefer the menthol and I'll use any soap over it, menthol or not. I think the white's probably better for colder days and the sharpness of the green suits the summer.
I take the trouble to massage it in... I assume it helps the prep.

I love it... probably going to buy a monster tub of the green next.

Okay, so looks like maybe I've been doing it wrong then! So I'll try leaving it on next time and lather over it.

The white one, I find it hard to describe the smell to be honest - fresh kind of smelling but not really minty but still a kind of tingling sensation when you use it. I've yet to try the menthol original but I'm torn between like WiffWaff buying a big tub of that or trying some 3P - both available at shaving.ie (as I can't see any UK-based suppliers of either of those).

Cyril - the Polsilver SI are great - I had some before so I knew I liked them a lot! I also like the Rapira Pink & Blue so far but maybe the Polsilver edge it slightly for me. I need to give it more time to say for sure and to muddy the waters further, Neil (geezer) sent me a few more blades to try too!

Main obstacle is to overcome my obsession with getting the "perfect" shave and stop at "smooth enough and NOT YET RED"!

WiffWaff said:
Wouldn't invest in the big tub 'til you're sure you like it... try a small tub first.
The green tub is one of the few products I've actually got to the end of and ordered more.

ive got a monster tub, ive had it a year and barely dented it (i dont use it every shave)

massage it in till skin doesn't feel greasy any more and keep adding more till you feel a tingle then splash face with water and lather.

Almost at the end of my green tub and will be ordering more when it is finished, superb stuff!
I use it in different ways depending on the mood. Get into a hot shower and spread the proraso over the face and leave it to sink in while showering. Then apply a little more to a wet face, lather up whatever cream or soap you like and spread it over the top. It's really nice after a shave too, just don't use so much as less is more post shave. Again just let it sink in and then finish with whatever AS you like.

WiffWaff said:
Wouldn't invest in the big tub 'til you're sure you like it... try a small tub first.
The green tub is one of the few products I've actually got to the end of and ordered more.

Why I was thinking about the big tub was firstly that I haven't seen a big tub of the white stuff and also, I like the green shaving cream so presumed my skin could probably cope with its pre-shave equivalent.

But you might have a point - I should give a little tub a go first and see how it compares to the white one that I know and love! Despite having no qualms about paying for the shaving gear itself, I grudge paying for postage so when ordering from Shaving.ie I thought I might as well order in bulk! Unless anywhere else sells the big tub or anyone has a discount code for the website?

I had the Proraso Green small tub when it run out I bought a 500ml size 3P cream. Can't really see a difference to be honest between the two. Well worth it.

Also Maguires stock it in the UK my mate just bought a 500ml tub £20.50 delivered.

Re: RE: This might be a daft question but....

fly3k said:
I had the Proraso Green small tub when it run out I bought a 500ml size 3P cream. Can't really see a difference to be honest between the two. Well worth it.

Also Maguires stock it in the UK my mate just bought a 500ml tub £20.50 delivered.

they smell a little different. or at least the old formula does

michaelg said:
WiffWaff said:

Why I was thinking about the big tub was firstly that I haven't seen a big tub of the white stuff and also, I like the green shaving cream so presumed my skin could probably cope with its pre-shave equivalent.

But you might have a point - I should give a little tub a go first and see how it compares to the white one that I know and love! Despite having no qualms about paying for the shaving gear itself, I grudge paying for postage so when ordering from Shaving.ie I thought I might as well order in bulk! Unless anywhere else sells the big tub or anyone has a discount code for the website?

Order the big, much cheaper! If you don't like it, I will buy it or swap it for Polsilver/Astra or Rapira P&B. Takes the risk out of it!

Back
Top Bottom