Three UK Price Hike

Anyone else on an old 3 UK tariff get their letter through the post informing them of the big price increase?

Have been with them for quite a few years on a 1 month sim only contract and to be fair I have 0 complaints.
If they had implemented gradual price increases over this period...No worries.

But yesterday I received a letter explaining they are going to increase my monthly charge from £19 to £28, they are offering a £3 loyalty discount with this though reducing it to £25.For how long, I don't know?

My knee jerk reaction was "Stick it where the sun don't shine"! I'm off to another provider.

But looking around, no-one offers what I'm receiving. I enjoy having the unlimited 4G data and being able to use that when I go to Spain and this year the USA at no extra cost. With the 600 cross network minutes and unlimited texts it all adds up to a decent plan.
I guess I will just have to stomach it :(

I am just staggered at the audacity of a company to implement a 30% + price increase to its customers and reading around, this will affect 100,000 plus people.

I hear your pain. I moved to 3 when the iPhone4 came out. My plan was with proper unlimited data as I spend most of my life tethering. Cue last month, I got a cunningly worded letter advising me that my tariff was no longer valid and that from the next payment my new tariff (with the same benefits) would now cost me 60% more money. I had a nose around the other providers but could not find a better deal. Hence I am sucking it up!

I've never Twittered & Faceybooked so furiously as I have today!
"Phone us and have chat" this is a people's movement, not person :D

Oops, forgot my tags ;)
#makeitright @ThreeUK #takingusformugs

Happens across the board I had an everyday 50 contract with orange back in the 90's they offered me £200 and a free phone to take it off me, nice.
On EE paying £35 with unlimited everything and 4G could not find anything better. But been with them for over 6 years.

I've just received the same for my daughters contract.
I haven't looked at her usage (she's in her last year at Uni in Lampeter, which isn't renown for it's signal) but I join the many who've left (many don't, either through the lack of a comparable plan or through complacency) I'll move her to one of the GiffGaff's £20 bundle (which is pretty much unlimited although tethering is not permitted (snarled at?) after the first 6GB).

GiffGaff is a virtual network using O2's infrastructure so customers are exposed to gaps in their network map and any traffic management imposed on the virtuals.
https://www.giffgaff.com/goodybags/20pound-goodybag
Note that if you join GiffGaff, check to see if any friends use them as they do a referral / discount thing.

Oh, it's a rolling month contract.

Again I'm on a legacy tariff. 1,000 minutes, unlimited text and data with tethering. No letter to date, but expecting it in the near future. This one very good reason why the Competition Commission should look long and hard at their proposed merger.

Jaycey. My unltd everything with AYCE data £15 pm - renewal date Oct 2014 hiked to £33 this month. I've tweeted using your hashtag and successfully prised a PAC code from Three. I've signed up to EE unltd mins, texts and 16GB data for £20 pm fiver increase without much of a noticeable difference in allowance. Hope you get sorted.

Back
Top Bottom