TI Le Grelot

Can anyone tell me if the TI Le Grelot razors are generally available any more. If so, are they difficult to get hold of? (See image below):

tilegrelot.jpg

Thanks,
Erik.

A bit in a hurry today. Simple answear: yes and no :D The highly sought after 1/4 grind has legendary status, the more common 3/4 grind is a very good shaver to though (I've got one). The ones people pay most for are the old ones (TI got Le Grelot blanks when they bought the company, who was also French, they're all out now but TI produces new ones, how they're I don't know - even though I don't trust TIs quality controll and never would buy one from them, but that's only me).

Mikael said:
A bit in a hurry today. Simple answear: yes and no :D The highly sought after 1/4 grind has legendary status, the more common 3/4 grind is a very good shaver to though (I've got one). The ones people pay most for are the old ones (TI got Le Grelot blanks when they bought the company, who was also French, they're all out now but TI produces new ones, how they're I don't know - even though I don't trust TIs quality controll and never would buy one from them, but that's only me).

Well put, Mikael!

Just look at that image for a simple quality control issue - the gold-etch design dosn't even run parallel with the spine (unless the image is distorted in some bizarre, hard-to-fathom way!).

Regards,
Neil

Rasur Pur are advertising these again - some blanks were found but they are the very, very last ones, no more anywhere on the face of the planet, promise this time . . . apparently.

I think Martin used that line before when he had the 'other' last ones in the world ever, honest guv. The forums (well, B&B) went mental and they were all sold out within a very short time.

It is probably the only straight razor which tempts me but at £200+ I'm not that desperate to scratch the itch.

I think I will wait 'til I find another (English) 6/8 wedge to spend my money on.

Thanks to you all for the helpful replies - you can always rely on Forum Members to give good and honest answers, which makes this Forum so great.

In my naivety, I thought that TI were quality, but I see the points made regarding the quality control issue, even in the image I posted. Obviously, I need to give this some more thought.

Regards,
Erik.

I have one in the rotation that I bought from Martin but thinking of letting it go as I have too many others in rotation and it's not getting the love it deserves. There are no problems with mine at all. Based on the old Le Grelot blanks, it has a lovely "La Rose" forged spine that is rarely seen - it's a real beauty too if anyone's interested to PM me...

[attachment=3636]

Attachments

• Le_Grelot.jpg
    Le_Grelot.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 17
erik1963 said:
Can anyone tell me if the TI Le Grelot razors are generally available any more. If so, are they difficult to get hold of? (See image below):

tilegrelot.jpg

Thanks,
Erik.
That's not a le Grelot, it's a TI 'le grelot FORM' (my caps) that has been done in a kind of homage to le Grelot by TI. Le Grelots say 'le Grelot' on the tang. We had some in a short while ago that went out like greased lightning. They were, as far as I am aware, absolutely the last of the larger LG's - unless Gilles rummages some more out of the Aladdin's Cave he calls his blade store. Some LG's are left but these are now the narrower blades and used for the SuperGnomes though they probably won't last much longer anyway.
Neil is quite right re the golding (that's why we are going to black mark only from our next delivery) but try telling TI it's wrong!

Back
Top Bottom