Tiger blades Review

Bit disappointed with these. Fairly Sharp but gave a very rough shave. Blade felt unfinished or uncoated. Hopefully just a couple of bad blades but if not it is no loss for me that they're no longer produced.

Re: Tiger blades

Incidentally I have only tried them in a fat handle Tech but as this is a mild razor I figured I would get a mild shave given the right technique and prep.

I believe they are no longer in production, and those available are NOS.

For me, they are actually one of my favourite blades. Particularly in the Red tip - an awesome combination of smoothness and sharpness. And you've gotta love that logo on the packet... CHOMP! :)

Jos

49er said:
Havent got round to trying mine yet. Have all Czech blades gone out of production?

No, there are few still in production but no more under P&G as before. The current production is mostly for export to the east, the other blades are for industry.

They are Stainless steel blades, IMO st. like Sharks and Astras. Other will be in stock in the next months. No Silver blues or other made under P&G in stock more.

Laci

Blades in current production are Leon Superior, there are some inovation in the production, that´s all I know.
Will add Photo later.

Maybe I should try them in my slim adjustable. That seems to bring out the best in blades. As long as they don't sandpaper my face yet again!

If these are vintage blades makes sense on your description of them
If these aernt vintage..it's a quality issue
B

Don't know how old they are but they were made in Czech republic. I tried a fresh one in my slim adjustable on setting 3 and they did feel smoother. Tried that same blade in the fat tech and again it felt rougher. Good to have more than one razor to see the differences they can make.

Current Tiger blade is only made from carbon-steel for industry.
Other trademarks from Czech Republic are Leon, Tatra, Sokol. Stainless for shaving is only Leon Superior now, hope that there will others marks as well.
In the past under P&G were made in CZ Gillette Silver Blue, all Astras and some others..

Stainless Tigers should be NOS.

Attachments

• tiger-3dirka.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 69

NotTheStig said:
Good to have more than one razor to see the differences they can make.

That's so true. Although the Tigers are superb in my Red tip, they don't work nearly so well in my Edwin Jagger de87. A great excuse for us to keep buying more razors... :cool:

Jos

It's nice when an unhealthy obsession can have a genuine justification... at least to a point. I can see having 2 or 3 different types of razor to try blades in, but not 200. Won't stop me though!

Those do look vintage to me..the 3 hole slots are only made for the 3 hole razors and its hard to find either of them

B

Blades said:
Those do look vintage to me..the 3 hole slots are only made for the 3 hole razors and its hard to find either of them

B

3 hole system is mostly used in industry nowadays, exactly this Lion blades are carbon-steel not that good for face shave :D, only Lions produced now. Idea of shaving with rusty blade hmmmm ;), maybe will be sharped than the dullest Feather.

RE: Tiger blades

A Tiger chewed my face off on Monday night. Horrible shave, I've never felt so much tug or pull, even with a cartridge!

Back
Top Bottom