Timeless Ti Razor

I've always fancied a Timeless razor - ever since I first saw one when first visiting wet shaving fora. I finally picked one up in a 2022 Black Friday sale - the matte finish Ti95 with a scalloped top cap and base plate. Over the next 5 months I added: matte Ti 68 scalloped and Ti 68 and 95 open comb plates along with a polished .5 slim razor. All without ever actually using the razor. I finally used it in May of this year. Those of you that know me know that I tend to jump in to things with both feet. I was a little hesitant of the first shave - what if it was shit after spending so much money buying the system? First shave was with the 95 scalloped plate and was ok - I understand that you can never judge a razor on its first shave (although I have been known to dump razors if a first shave has been particularly poor). The second shave was great and I've enjoyed every subsequent one. I've been working my way through the base plates over the last few weeks and thought I'd summarise my thoughts here for anyone that may be interested.

20230610_075417.jpg

Ti95 Matte Scalloped: My favourite plate so far. I read the internet hyperbole - "so smooth and efficient" - words we throw at every razor (I'm guilty!). It really is though. I clicked with this plate. I shave every 36-48 hours and this plate was perfect for both of those situations. It also coped with 3 days growth with no bother.

Ti68 Matte open comb: Comfortable but took slightly more work. Not quite as comfortable as the 95 scalloped. I'm a 2 pass shaver and although I'm happy with this plate, the 95 scalloped does a better job for me.

Ti95 Matte open comb: I expected this plate to be a monster but it handled 48 and 36 hour growth with gentle ease. It's very comfortable for a large gapped OC razor. I'd still choose the 95 scalloped over this plate but the 95 is my preferred of the two open combs.

Fit and finish of this razor is excellent and the design is quite unique. I'm pleased to have it in the den. I'll add my thoughts about the 68 scalloped and .5 Slim over the next couple of weeks.

For reference, my favourite modern DE razors are: Karve CB SB-D, EJ 3one6, ATT Windsor H and Pro (SB 90), Gamechanger .68 + .84 and Tatara Muramasa #4.

20230607_205533.jpg20230602_215617.jpg20230520_200711.jpg
20230605_183242.jpg

Great write up C!
Looking forward to reading your opinions on the slim. I almost got my hands on one but it wasn't to be in the end.
The rest of the Timeless line up seem too bulbous for me.

Last edited:
I've always fancied a Timeless razor - ever since I first saw one when first visiting wet shaving fora. I finally picked one up in a 2022 Black Friday sale - the matte finish Ti95 with a scalloped top cap and base plate. Over the next 5 months I added: matte Ti 68 scalloped and Ti 68 and 95 open comb plates along with a polished .5 slim razor. All without ever actually using the razor. I finally used it in May of this year. Those of you that know me know that I tend to jump in to things with both feet. I was a little hesitant of the first shave - what if it was shit after spending so much money buying the system? First shave was with the 95 scalloped plate and was ok - I understand that you can never judge a razor on its first shave (although I have been known to dump razors if a first shave has been particularly poor). The second shave was great and I've enjoyed every subsequent one. I've been working my way through the base plates over the last few weeks and thought I'd summarise my thoughts here for anyone that may be interested.

View attachment 107199

Ti95 Matte Scalloped: My favourite plate so far. I read the internet hyperbole - "so smooth and efficient" - words we throw at every razor (I'm guilty!). It really is though. I clicked with this plate. I shave every 36-48 hours and this plate was perfect for both of those situations. It also coped with 3 days growth with no bother.

Ti68 Matte open comb: Comfortable but took slightly more work. Not quite as comfortable as the 95 scalloped. I'm a 2 pass shaver and although I'm happy with this plate, the 95 scalloped does a better job for me.

Ti95 Matte open comb: I expected this plate to be a monster but it handled 48 and 36 hour growth with gentle ease. It's very comfortable for a large gapped OC razor. I'd still choose the 95 scalloped over this plate but the 95 is my preferred of the two open combs.

Fit and finish of this razor is excellent and the design is quite unique. I'm pleased to have it in the den. I'll add my thoughts about the 68 scalloped and .5 Slim over the next couple of weeks.

For reference, my favourite modern DE razors are: Karve CB SB-D, EJ 3one6, ATT Windsor H and Pro (SB 90), Gamechanger .68 + .84 and Tatara Muramasa #4.

View attachment 107200View attachment 107202View attachment 107203
View attachment 107204
Really interesting write up. Out of interest, which blades have you found work best with each plate?

Ti68 Matte Scalloped: First shave with this plate was with 48+ hours growth. It struggled on the first pass but the second was very comfortable. Finish was more than acceptable but obviously not as close as the 95. Second shave was with 36 hours growth and was also drama free although there was a little tugging around the chin on the first pass.

My favourite plate is the .95 Scalloped. If I was to buy a stainless version of this razor I would just get this particular plate. That said, I've enjoyed the other three plates so I have no intention of moving them on (at present) and will give them an occasion run out. The .95 will be there permanent fit on the razor on display.

The Slim.... 2 shaves in with it now (36 and 48 hours growth). I was gearing up for a rough shave but I've had two brilliant shaves with this razor. Soap was the veg formula MWF. Whilst it's certainly more blade forward than the standard plates, I didn't find it too much - I'm not a big fan of aggressive razors. I seemed to intuitively click with the angle and it really works for me as a two pass shaver. This has really surprised me. I'm going to use it for a bit longer and try a different blade in it.

If you're up for some mucking about, how about trying it with a shim and two shims between the top cap and the blade to see whether that wouldn't yield a desirable result?

If you're up for some mucking about, how about trying it with a shim and two shims between the top cap and the blade to see whether that wouldn't yield a desirable result?
I'm not a tinkerer P. I'm lazy - plug and go :)

Happy to loan this to you if you want to try it?

I'm not a tinkerer P. I'm lazy - plug and go :)

Happy to loan this to you if you want to try it?
Would like to, but the top caps of the bronze and titanium (unlike titanium and steel) heads are a little different, so it might be best to send them together, if you could spare them for a while.

Back
Top Bottom