Timor Solingen

So, I've noticed these Timor Blades about recently but no one here seems to have tried them

Being Timor Solingen, I'd guess (but could be wrong) that they are made similarly to Merkur Solingen, they certainly seem to command a similar price.

Anyone tried them?

I've tried them. They're not for me.

Felt like a Derby or Personna blade, so if you can use either of those, chances are that you'd be okay with the Timor.

Ian

IanM said:
I've tried them. They're not for me.

Felt like a Derby or Personna blade, so if you can use either of those, chances are that you'd be okay with the Timor.

Ian
I have been wanting to try them but £5 a pack is too rich for me. If they are like the Merkurs then I won't get on with them.

Hopefully others will post their experiences of these in time as always interested in reviews.

I've got 30 Timor blades. I have not used them yet, but having read various reviews on other forums they sound quite favourable. But I won't be using them just yet, as other blades in the in queue.

It reminded me more of a Merkur on the first shave, but it did not last near as long and was even more expensive than the Merkur. I was not that impressed with it in my Gillette Slim.

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-13224.html

I've used Timors' in a Merkur Futur set at 2...they were smooth and sharp, better than a merkur and WAY,WAY better than Derby blades...The Timors' give me a close, smooth, irritation free shave every time.
I would put them as sharp as a Gillette sharpedge Yellow, but smoother for the first pass....only down side was I can only get 2 1/2 shaves from them.... So we can call that two shaves per blade, as I dislike changing blades halfway through.

My shaves are three pass affairs and I ditch all blades after three shaves anyway... Regardless of what they are.

I have just finished my 4th shave with a Timor blade in an EJ Chatsworth Barley chrome razor. I did not find the blade particularly impressive, and felt a bit aggressive after the 3rd shave, and not that smooth. Although Timor are expensive, I found cheaper blades like Personna 'reds' gave a smoother milder shave.

I'll see how the Timor blades work in my Merkur 25C open comb razor.

They used to make cut throats too :icon_razz:, nice and good quality razors (not high end, like PUMA and such, but nice enough and good shavers, like Garantie and such), I think.

Back
Top Bottom