Tips for purchases from the US.

I will be travelling to the US In a weeks time and will be there for a week. I will be going to New York and Atlanta.

Grateful for suggestions you may have on any shaving related purchases that are difficult to acquire in the UK or are particularly good value in the US. I have mind some of the US artisan soaps (B&M and CRSW). I also plan to visit the legendary Pasteur Pharmacy.

Any suggestions / tips?

Thanks in advance.

thoosero said:
I will be travelling to the US In a weeks time and will be there for a week. I will be going to New York and Atlanta.

Grateful for suggestions you may have on any shaving related purchases that are difficult to acquire in the UK or are particularly good value in the US. I have mind some of the US artisan soaps (B&M and CRSW). I also plan to visit the legendary Pasteur Pharmacy.

Any suggestions / tips?

Thanks in advance.
You will actually be able to find most of the US artisan soaps etc at Pasteurs in NYC. however any alcohol splashes you are interested in are worth picking up while you are there since they aren't allowed to ship to the UK. There are a couple of one stop shops on the internet like Maggardsrazors.com or Shaverevoloution.com that stock a wide variety of the US artisan soaps , balms and splashes so you could buy most of your stuff from one place and possibly get free shipping if you go over the threshold to qualify for it. the prices at Pasteurs are the same as the online prices for most things. If you can only go to one Pasteurs go to the one on E 34 Th St , I visited both of the NYC shops in January and the 34th shop near the Empire State building was by far the best. Hope that helped.

I have a tip.
Order a tub of Iced Key Lime & Vostok shaving creams from Queen Charlotte Soaps to be delivered to your New York address when you're going to be there.
Bring back said items to the UK & sell them to me for £40 inc p&p :)

Im visiting New York in July. My plan is to order aftershaves from maggards and get them delivered to my holtel, as previously suggested.
Then I am going to visit Pasteurs! Can wait.
Im butting in here but where can you get se blades from. I hear the supermarkets sell some.

Worth paying a trip to The Art of Shaving - I know that there is a store in one of the malls in Atlanta. I love their sandalwood balm and wish I'd bought more items whilst I was there! Their other ranges all seemed very appealing too.

The only thing is that the cost quickly mounts up so make sure you're feeling flush.

Another vote for ordering ahead. I did that two years ago with my Dirty Bird Brush Scuttle. We went to California and shave stuff was very thin on the ground. One bang for buck is Van Der Hagen Deluxe which you can pick up easily in Walmart or Target. Cheap, decent scent and a great lather. Watch out for the brush, bowl and soap set.

wazza said:
Im visiting New York in July. My plan is to order aftershaves from maggards and get them delivered to my holtel, as previously suggested.
Then I am going to visit Pasteurs! Can wait.
Im butting in here but where can you get se blades from. I hear the supermarkets sell some.
You can get all sorts of blades normally in Wallgreens and CVS usually but in Manhattan it's much more tourist based so I didn't see much in the way of se blades but I'm pretty sure Pasteurs sells them. If not I'd bring some yourself or have some arrive with your Maggard order but I wouldn't rely on the pharmacy type shops in manhattan especially for se blades.
Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom