Tobs in a tube!

Absolutely. I used to use the TOBS lavender tube a lot especially last spring and summer, it's a very very good cream, easily the equal of Truefitt and Hill but at about half the cost.

The colours can be a bit gaudy and the scents aren't the very best (although they're not bad at all) but a tenner for two tubes is a steal and it shaves superbly.

What I don't get is why the tubes and the pots are so close in price. On TOBS own website, it's £6.50 for a tube and £7.95 a pot. It almost seems pointless getting a tube when an extra £1.50 gets you about twice the product. (I appreciate you have stumbled on a decent deal here, but equally, I found a pot of TOBS Sandalwood for £5.99 in TK Maxx, so it's still the same proportionally?

Although T&H, Trumpers and Harris are all more expensive, at least there is generally some relative proportion between the tube price and the pot price (£9.50 v £15 roughly)

I picked up the same twin pack of creams for £2 on Saturday. The lemon/lime seems to irritate my skin - has anyone else found this? :huh:

I didnt realise TK Max carried TOBS, will have to go and check that out

If you visit the TOBS store in the sale the prices drop considerably .. this year they were doing 4 tubs of cream for £24 and 2 tubes of shaving cream for £7 ..

in my experience, the cream in the tubes seems a little thinner. I suspect to make it easier to squeeze out of the tube. It never seems as dense and thick as the cream in the tubs, and I've had quite a few of both.

KrisH said:
I didnt realise TK Max carried TOBS, will have to go and check that out

If you visit the TOBS store in the sale the prices drop considerably .. this year they were doing 4 tubs of cream for £24 and 2 tubes of shaving cream for £7 ..

never realised tk max sells it at all?

cant say ive noticed they sell any shaving stuff, but then again i rarely go to tk max

Having tried both I found the Lemon and Lime lathers better than the Lavender, but both give a nice shave.

Also noticed a tub of Sandalwood TOBS on the shelf for £4.99 but I already had one of those. There were other creams and balms including a jar of Peckersniff's? I think its called but I remember reading some awful reviews for that soap.

Nick

Back
Top Bottom