Toys and Games you don't see anymore

Do you remember any toys and games and stuff, perhaps from your own childhood, that you simply don't see anymore, even thought they were great? Most of them have been eclipsed by the computer technolgy of today, but don't you miss them?

I'll start the ball rolling with The Magic Robot. Brilliant!

Blow Football
Beetle Drives
Englisher Johnny Pig-Dogs v Boxhead Jerry Krauts (in the schoolyard) - 1970's era 8 year old Northern kids running around in duffel coats and parka's screaming lines from Commando Comics with invisible Sten Guns and MP40's - but with realistic sounds, gruesome, torturous death throes and nurses who'd kiss you back to life for for a Mojo / Blackjack / Fruit Salad / Refresher!!:icon_razz:

Didnt have many toys when I were a nipper,, we were really poor:icon_sad:
Used to play with me Mum's clothes pegs under table and pretend they were little cars.
Highlights were when shoe polish ran out and we got the empty tin to play hop scotch with.
Poor:icon_sad: but happy:icon_smile: no telly, only radio but we could hold a conversation wi parents.
Aye them were happy days ,,,and you try to tell kids today!!!!!:icon_razz:
regards, beejay

Take 2 bolts and one nut. Attach the nut halfway on to the bolt and insert caps into the hole. Attach the other bolt and screw both ends in tight. Lob on to any hard surface - instant banger. The posh kids had proper ones shaped like little rockets which had a firing pin to explode the caps. Ah, the good old days.

Found an old Action Man (with the scar on his cheek and fuzzy skinhead buzzcut) in a Charity Shop for a pound.

Then found a whole trunk full of accessories (boots, guns, skis, webbing etc etc) all for a pound each at an antiques market.

So I kitted him out as I had mine: big old .308 rifle, binoculars, pistol, short boots.

But seeing all the stuff was great - they had the inflatable boat, little sticks of dynamite (with the "light it yourself" fuse), hand-grenades (the German "stick" type), bren guns, sten guns, radio sets . . . it was 1979 all over again.

Magic.

For me it's gotta be the Evel Knievel stunt cycle from the 70s. The coolest toy I ever owned and one ot the best toys of all time imho. Damn I wish I still had one now.

Check it out here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVnHPL8WQsw&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Leather footballs with laces,that left an imprint on your leg when you were hit.Didn't dare head the things.Also football boots with leather studs.

What about those electronic games like Astro Wars? I think they're worth quite a bit now, and mine was in my parents' loft until recently (though I don't think it worked).

Spent hours on that!

game_watch.jpg

I used to have this, must have been early eighties. Nothing like the stuff you can get nowadays but I was very impressed back then.

Edit: Just found this: http://www.handheld.remakes.org/online/java/donk/donk.htm

Pig Cat said:
game_watch.jpg

I used to have this, must have been early eighties. Nothing like the stuff you can get nowadays but I was very impressed back then.

Edit: Just found this: http://www.handheld.remakes.org/online/java/donk/donk.htm

I had one of them too. And a Track & Field one. I do still have an LED Space Invader game.

Back
Top Bottom