Trac II / G2 and head shaving

I can't find the post but I think it was Helveticum - maybe not - who said he was going to try his G2 / Trac II razor for head shaving.

My advice is - don't!

Today my head looks like a spotted dick, just turned out of the bowl, made with red currents. Why? Because I thought it a good idea to use my Trac II razors to shave my head - for second time ever. With hindsight, you can see it won't end well - the razor has two blades at a fixed angle and goodness only knows which angles are actually used at the back of your head.

I think I did all the damage with the Trac II but, unsatisfied with pink shaving water, I loaded a Gem Junior - never used one before - and had at my scalp with that, too. It wasn't doing mush at all in terms of hair removal so I resorted to the ProGlide - and it will be my weapon of choice at least until I get the hang of head shaving.

Trac II - don't!

Pass 1 on my face was with the Gem Junior - but the blade went into the used blade bin after that. I could feel my skin just waiting to burn!

Well.. Part of the head yes.. The one in front :icon_razz: :icon_razz: :icon_razz: Otherwise I quite enjoy my haircut ;)

P.S. shaving was mild and easy, but it seems impossible to get a proper BBS with it. Still, perfect for a travel kit.

The Trac II is my go to razor when other hardware is not working right especially on my head. I rarely use it any more unless I have to speed up my shave due to scheduling issues.
I have never had an problem with the Trac II and head shaving.

Back
Top Bottom