Traditional Shaving in Leeds closed?

Satanfriendly

Supporter
Supporter
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Visited Leeds the other day on my way over to East Yorkshire so decided to visit the Traditional Shaving shop in the Grand Arcade.

Shock and horror it appears to have closed. Oh no, one of the last standing bastions dedicated to shaving here in the North gone. No more beautiful girl with tattoos handing out sweets to customers, no more having the freedom to browse other than on the web. I do hope they resurrect themselves.

It appears the only shops I know of this side of the border is one in Manchester which has shaving gear as a side line and the Master Barber in Southport which appears to have expanded its range the last time I visited.

Dundee is a bit far for me, but one day I shall visit the Gentleman's Groom Room.

Visited Leeds the other day on my way over to East Yorkshire so decided to visit the Traditional Shaving shop in the Grand Arcade.

Shock and horror it appears to have closed. Oh no, one of the last standing bastions dedicated to shaving here in the North gone. No more beautiful girl with tattoos handing out sweets to customers, no more having the freedom to browse other than on the web. I do hope they resurrect themselves.

It appears the only shops I know of this side of the border is one in Manchester which has shaving gear as a side line and the Master Barber in Southport which appears to have expanded its range the last time I visited.

Dundee is a bit far for me, but one day I shall visit the Gentleman's Groom Room.
There is one in Sheffield..English shaving company ! Hope that’s still open. Isn’t shaving station Leeds based don’t think they have a shop though do they think they are just online

Haven't been to Sheffield for a long time, maybe I should change that.

Traditional Shaving are Leeds based as far as I know and they are still online but they did have a physical shop in the centre. The girl there was wonderfully knowledgeable and wonderfully beautiful

York has lost all it's shaving gear shops, Mullen and Mullen, Burgins, Old Sole, Choice Select, a barber shop that did shaving gear.

I remember the shaving shops in York and a shame they have disappeared. Perhaps more so as I am half living outside of York now.

I shall visit Southport tomorrow and see how the Master Barber is fairing. A lovely shop should anyone be visiting.

Sadly, I think the shop closed last year. Still have an online presence.

Whenever I was in Leeds always called in. Bought my first decent razor from there. An EJ DE89 back in 2013. They also had a barber within the shop - Byron. Had many a good shave there. Byron is across the arcade in Lords Barbers.

Back
Top Bottom